Occasional TiVo Mini problems with a new Samsung TV

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by MiniBen, Dec 5, 2020.

1. MiniBen

MiniBen New Member

May 30, 2018

Advertisements

A few weeks ago I replaced a small Samsung TV with a brand new 43" Samsung 4k for a whopping $270.

SAMSUNG 43" Class 4K Crystal UHD (2160P) LED Smart TV with HDR UN43TU7000 2020

TiVo Mini (RA9200) - connected via HDMI
    -Software Version: 21.10.2.v6-a92-6-a92

Now, seemingly randomly, when I attempt to use my Mini and go straight to my recordings they play as a blank video (UI works fine, and the video controls / video length seem to be normal).

I can fast forward through the recording, but no video or audio plays on the Samsung, only a black screen with the TiVo user interface.

I've disconnected the power from both the Mini and the TV which does not resolve this problem. I even swapped a Mini from another room and still experience the same problem.

I've eventually found a workaround by playing live TV first, then the recordings seem to work normally after. The problem eventually comes back later.

Anyone know what may be causing this or know of a proper fix?

NOTE: I have had no problems on older TVs. Seems specific to the new model.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2020
  2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    I believe others are reporting similar issues.

You might want to state the OS versions running on your Mini and DVR.

3. jjg247

jjg247 Member

Oct 1, 2002
    Thanks KRKAUFMAN, agree this sounds very similar.

MiniBen, I couldn’t even get livetv working today. I’ll keep you posted if I figure out anything.

4. brobin

brobin Active Member

Feb 14, 2014
    My wife reported the same thing happening today. Just another thing broken by another TE4 update I imagine.

krkaufman likes this.