'Nurse Jackie' Renewed, 'United States of Tara' Cancelled By Showtime

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by astrohip, May 23, 2011.

1. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/20...ampaign=Feed:+Tvbythenumbers+(TVbytheNumbers)

I enjoy both these shows, and am sorry to see US Tara not renewed. The family dynamics were interesting, to say the least. But if you read the link, viewership was miniscule. For both. But for UST, it was microscopic. :(

2. BobB

BobB Devout Tivonian

Aug 26, 2002
    Brookline, MA
    I like them both also, but when I look at my TiVO I realize that I've seen all but the latest episode of Jackie while I have at least five Taras piled up that I just haven't found the time to watch. So I guess I prioritize them the same way as Showtime.

3. pjenkins

pjenkins God bless Texas :)

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    i deleted my USofT season pass a few weeks ago, the show was very boring and wasn't going anywhere of interest to me. Still watch Nurse Jackie though...

4. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I still watch and enjoy Nurse Jackie. I loved the first season of USoT, but last season was horrendous. Haven't started the third yet, but I guess now I don't have to.

5. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I don't have showtime, but when I did a few years ago on an anniversary gift for three months, by far my fav show as the USoT. I tried Nurse Jackie and it was boring (to me). I will have to flesh out the DVDs for the last two seasons and finish the series at some point.

6. leeherman

leeherman Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    I've been enjoying "Nurse Jackie", but I only made it through around five minutes of the first episode of "The United States of Tara" before deleting the show and season pass.

I'm glad to hear "Nurse Jackie" soldiers on.

LH

7. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    I do love Nurse Jackie, so I'm glad it w/b continuing.

I've continued to watch Tara since the beginning but I suppose it has pretty much done all it can do. It's gotten a bit ridiculous. Too bad. I like Corbett, and I like the son. The whole sister thing with Patton O is kind of creepy all around, IMO. Well, pretty much anything with Patton O is kinda creepy...The daughter is meh. Tara's character and the new teacher guy - I'm finding that whole deal pretty forced.

8. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    We've kept up with Nurse Jackie. We watched all of Season 1 of USoT, but only watched the first episode of Season 2. After that, my wife declared that she was bored with it, but we should still record the episodes because she might change her mind. I think I have 19 episodes piled up. This news will probably lead to the deletion of those episodes and cancellation of the season pass.

I've thought this season of Nurse Jackie has been pretty boring, but we're still watching. I've finally started thinking of Edie Falco as Jackie Peyton rather than as Carmela Soprano, which says something good about her performance.

9. pjenkins

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    you don't see Officer Diane Whittlesey?

10. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Oz! Great show. Been meaning to watch the entire series again...thanks for the reminder.

11. pjenkins

Mar 8, 1999
    Plano, TX, USA
    np :) i re-watched the entire series when HBO went to daily showings. Forgot how over the top and not very good it was at the end. The first 2 seasons were great, then it went steadily downhill imo.