Nurse Jackie - 2015 Season 7 ***spoilers to date***

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by MikeAndrews, Apr 13, 2015.

1. MikeAndrews

MikeAndrews Registered abuser

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...

Advertisements

Nurse Jackie - S07E01 "Clean" OAD 2015-04-12

No Sergeant Frank this season?

EVERYBODY has had it with Jackie's lies, even Zoey finally, except Eddie.

How does Jackie think suing to get her job back is going to work out?

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  2. Malcontent

Malcontent Ancient Astronaut Theorist

Sep 4, 2004
    I think she's trying to save her nursing license. Suing perhaps to muddy the waters.

3. jamesbobo

jamesbobo with a grain of salt

Jun 18, 2000
    NJ
    By the way, this is Nurse Jackie's final season, according to Entertainment Weekly

4. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I like this show, it's (almost) always entertaining... but it's time to go. I'm ready to check out of All Saints.

5. mooseAndSquirrel

mooseAndSquirrel Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U

Advertisements

Agreed.

I wonder how they'll end it? Uplifting and hopeful seems unlikely. If it weren't for her kids, I could see her going to Guatemala or someplace where she could continue to be a nurse.

Coop and the blonde is as tedious as ever. But I did enjoy her messy, rented apartment.

This season has pared back. No more British friend. No more love interest for Zooey. No policeman boyfriend. No more sponsor (although would love to see her come roaring back).

6. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    Well, this season should be different, in some ways, than the others now that she's pretty much been busted with everybody.

That was pretty crappy the way the jail officer put some pills in her personal effects.

Unfortunately, I cannot remember how the last season ended in terms of where she was going, why all the meds, did pharmacy dude set it up for her, and what papers was he signing Akilitus' name to. Can't find the episodes on SHO On Demand or Netflix, or I would just watch the last ep of the previous season again.

7. Cainebj

Cainebj Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2006
    New York
    I am not so sure we can say it's pared back based on one episode.
    The Brit friend has been gone for ages.
    I believe the cop boyfriend (I thought they broke up) and sponsor (didn't she get framed into going to mandatory rehab?) both resolved at the end of last season.
    As for Zooey's BF? Too soon to say.

8. danielhart

danielhart Nerp Nerp

Apr 27, 2004
    She was leaving town for Miami iirc. She got all the pills from Eddie (pharmacy dude). He forged Akalitus' name on a requisition - I guess to cover all the missing pills (even though in RL that would never work)

One thing that has always bugged me about this show (ftr I am a nurse for 25 years) is all those multi-colored capsules they use for the pain meds. Most, if not all, pain meds are tablets and most of them are white.

9. sharkster

sharkster Well-Known Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2004
    NV
    But the multi-colored ones looks so purdy when they fly through the air! :D

Thanks, Daniel. Clearly, I had memory-lapsed quite a bit from the end of last season.

10. mooseAndSquirrel

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Older daughter turned around too fast. Looks they'll head to a rosy finish, with "diversion" (that isn't a thing is it?) working and she cleans up. I suppose I'd be ok with that as an ending. But this week's episode was just a little dull.

11. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    In the preview
    All Saints will be closing. End credits.
    and it was all in the imagination of an autistic boy. :rolleyes:

12. MikeAndrews

Jan 17, 2002
    Northern...
    The scam was that she was heading to Haiti to volunteer for hurricane relief, so the forged requisitions were for that cause,...and Jackie just happened to be urgently called and had to dash to the charity flight as Akalitus was there screaming for her to report to the drug test auditors.

Eddie's job is toast.

13. unixadm

unixadm Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    Had forgotten to set up the season pass for it and wasn't really that excited to watch it. Was able to download episodes 1-4 on Showtime on demand on DirecTV and record episode 5. We just got done watching all 5. Better than I thought it would be...of course, so not realistic in so many ways but some good story lines

I was wondering what Jackie was doing going back to All Saints and acting like she was starting back to work....got a Seinfeld/George thought of him going back to work after quitting like it never happened.....then after Akalitus fired her in front of everyone, it dawned on me that she was setting up a lawsuit....so scummy yet so Jackie

I'm wondering if Jackie gets her license back now that she backed down from organizing the troops.....if they know she took the flash drive, then that would be a no, but I'm guessing that she manipulates them to re-instate her before they find out she took the drive. Of course, at the end of episode 5....

Jackie bringing the flash drive to the newspaper will blow this whole thing up fast....and with public opinion weighing in on the closing of the hospital, the whole deal may fall apart quickly

I don't get Eddie..why does he stick with Jackie...pretty much lose his job over her, give her money to fund her legal woes, etc. Just seems like any normal person would just walk away.

Kevin taking all the equity out of the house was great....sucks that he had to resort to Jackie style tactics...but she was going to do the same to him anyway....worked for her in the end as she got to see her kids again.

The Cooper/Carrie thing can't go away fast enough....she is annoying and a total mess...she fakes a pregnancy to keep him, then doesn't want him, then wants him when he is ok moving on.

Last edited: May 13, 2015
  14. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I'm really enjoying this last run. It's fun to see them write like there's no tomorrow.

Eddie has loved Jackie from day one. Does it make sense? No, but what's sense got to do with it? Glad to see Coop is getting out alive.

No need for spoiler tags, the header says "spoilers". How many episodes left?

15. aindik

aindik Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2002
    Philadelphia...
    Did Carrie fake the pregnancy? I don't remember that at all. IIRC it was a real pregnancy that ended with a real miscarriage that she didn't tell Coop about for a while.

16. Gerryex

Gerryex Well-Known Member

Apr 24, 2004
    Land O...
    Yes, that is how I remember it also.

Gerry

17. mooseAndSquirrel

Aug 31, 2001
    Whatsamatta U
    Not much to say, but I am rather enjoying the relative sweetness of this final season. I was so glad in this last episode that Jackie resisted drugs which were literally under her nose. I hope they end the series with her somewhat in control. I like Tony Shaloub and kind of wish his character had shown up earlier.

18. astrohip

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Agree. This last season has brought some much needed revitalization to these characters. I feel like a story is being told, and we're headed somewhere, as versus so many previous seasons when I felt like wheels spinning.

19. unixadm

unixadm Super Moderator Staff Member

Jan 1, 2001
    Georgia, USA
    I do like Tony Shaloub in the role and agree that the storylines are taking some really good turns and the writing has been much better than the past few years.

Early on, in the first couple seasons, I liked Jackie's character and was rooting for her even though she was such a mess. It got to the point in the past couple seasons where I was loathing her character, felt she was a lost cause and just didn't care. They are back on track and I like the way her character is changing this season. Realizing that she has to stay clean, trying desperately for her last chance as fixing her life....wanting to keep the hospital open, caring about people regardless of what she is told she is allowed or not allowed to do, etc...following the drug addict to try to keep him from dying from an OD...She is still manipulative but that is part of her addiction and she is manipulating a little more to better herself and do good rather than manipulating to get her next fix.

I was pretty much done with the series...figured it had gone it's course...but if they keep on this track, I would have been in for another season.

20. brebeans

brebeans Member

Sep 5, 2003
    'Nurse Jackie' Ends As TV's Most Honest Depiction Of Addiction
    APRIL 12, 2015 5:27 AM ET

http://www.npr.org/2015/04/10/398713112/nurse-jackie-ends-as-tvs-most-honest-depiction-of-addiction

This isn't a spoiler for the last episode. It a description of the series, to date, prior to the final season. It does provide us with why we, as viewers, both loved and hated Jackie and were so frustrated with the roller coaster ride of addiction.

I will grieve the loss of Nurse Jackie. It was a great show!