Numb3rs s05e21 "Disturbed" OAD 2009-05-01

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Hunter Green, May 3, 2009.

1. May 3, 2009 #1 of 12
    Hunter Green

Hunter Green Curmudgeon

Feb 22, 2002
    People's...

Advertisements

No thread yet -- did everyone else give up on the show? If so, you did just a little too early. This one was what Numb3rs used to be, plus a few amusing bits of making fun of themselves. It wasn't perfect but it sure had its moments and a more engaging storyline than we've had in a long time. I liked seeing Charlie being the one to take initiative now, and the result being something where the math was really integral to the story, not tacked on. It was also a great way to burn off that angst he built up last episode that I was really not looking forward to enduring.

2. May 3, 2009 #2 of 12
    madscientist

madscientist Deregistered Snoozer

Nov 12, 2003
    Lexington, MA
    My recording flickered and just stopped about 15mins in. No other recordings seem to have had this problem, so I'm not sure if it's my TiVo or cable (RCN, Boston). Actually, come to think of it I often get a lot of pixellation and jumps in Numb3rs. Last week there was a sequence where the same video repeated 5 times, then it jumped to the next scene... but while the video/audio was "skipping" CC was showing the dialog that should have been heard. Weird.

Too bad, though, it looked like this episode might be interesting. Oh well.

3. May 3, 2009 #3 of 12
    Graymalkin

Graymalkin Grumpy Poster

Mar 20, 2001
    Northern...
    I thought it was funny when somebody else got to be Charlie the Explainer of Math.

4. May 3, 2009 #4 of 12
    steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    They've done that before. Doesn't happen very often.

I too thought this was a good episode. More focus on the story at hand rather than the season arc drama.
    A :up: in my book.

5. May 3, 2009 #5 of 12
    hughmcjr

hughmcjr New Member

Nov 27, 2006

Advertisements

I maintain this is the best show on tv overall in terms of story, acting etc. Charlie, Don and Dad are VERY convincing as a family. It is like watching an hour long movie every week. I also agree this and last week were really good, some of the best.

6. May 3, 2009 #6 of 12
    Amnesia

Amnesia The Question

Jan 30, 2005
    Boston, MA
    I like the show and watch every week. I wasn't too crazy about this episode, due to the inclusion of the extroverted conspiracy guy...

7. May 3, 2009 #7 of 12
    dtivouser

dtivouser Tivoless

Feb 10, 2004
    SoCal
    Numb3rs remains my guilty pleasure-- I tune in every week, it's always entertaining, not very deep, and pretty much a happy ending each week. It definitely sticks to a formula and I'm good with that.

8. May 3, 2009 #8 of 12
    dianebrat

dianebrat wait.. I did what? TCF Club

Jul 6, 2002
    boston'ish
    I loved David going "Oh, oh, can I explain it?" and then pretty much nailing it, it really shows they've paid attention to the way you would expect Charlie's teaching over time to rub off on the guys.

Diane

9. May 3, 2009 #9 of 12
    Peter000

Peter000 Well-Known Member TCF Club

Apr 15, 2002
    Red Wing, MN
    I thought this was a GREAT episode. Loved the conspiracy stuff and the fact that just through numbers Charlie identified a serial killer. And the way Charlie deals with his guilt is obsessing about the number crime. Damn good stuff.

10. Eleanor

Eleanor New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    I thought it was a great episode. I certainly haven't given up on it. I liked all the conspiracy stuff. I think it was great Charlie was able to funnel all of his energy.

11. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    That part I liked. The part where he could pinpoint the house of the next attack, not so much.

Brilliant serial killer guy outwitted the police and FBI for years but he kept all that evidence in his garage or basement?

I know these shows follow a formula but I wish the bad guys would stop confessing in detail in the last five minutes. Nobody does that in the real world. They're always like "It wasn't me! I was nowhere near that dead guy. It must have been some guy who looked like me" for the next thirty years.

12. newsposter

newsposter Poster of News

Aug 18, 2002
    SE PA
    i guess it's one of those trophy things and he sure didnt use a very secure vault though did he?