Nube Season Pass Questions...

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by MikeOrlando, Nov 10, 2011.

1. MikeOrlando

MikeOrlando New Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Hello All,

I am new to TiVo coming from a ReplayTV and how to schedule recordings is a bit different.

First, I am having an issue with recording NBC's TODAY show from 0700-0900. I would like to record this broadcast daily and then only keep the current day. When I click season pass it records from 0700-0900 and then when the TODAY show continues into its third hour it looks like it records that, and deleted the 0700-0900 recording (as I only picked to keep one. Is the only solution to either increase the number I keep and just record stuff I don't want or do a manual record?

Second, I record shows like "2 and a half men" that rebroadcast on other stations as re-runs. Can you make the season pass specific to a certain channel or is the only option to turn off repeat recordings (will get pretty dull in the summer with no new content).

Thanks,

Mike

2. innocentfreak

innocentfreak Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    Season passes by default are channel specific so you are fine there. Wishlists are for any channel.

For the Today show issue, yes I would just set a manual recording for 7-9.

3. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    You usually set up the Season Pass on the channel that has the first-run version of the show but, if you allow repeats, I'm pretty sure it will pick them up on any channel. Tivo knows about instances of the show no matter what channel it is on. That can be verified by clicking on a show and then clicking on "View upcoming episodes". Tivo will show upcoming episodes on any channel. If you want to check it out, try CBS show NCIS. They show reruns on USA.

4. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    It will only record the show on the channel the season pass is set for. This has been the case since the series 1.

View upcoming does exactly what it says it does and looks across all channels so it can find and list any upcoming episodes. Only the season pass channel will be recorded though. Of course you can also set multiple season passes so you can have 1 for every channel.

5. scandia101

scandia101 Just the facts ma'am

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    Just to make sure it's clear - NO. Season passes are always channel specific.

6. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    If you want to record new and old episodes of Two and a Half Men or any other show from any channel that airs it, you can use a Wish List and set it to Auto Record.

7. DeWitt

DeWitt Member

Jun 30, 2004
    Saratoga...
    I have a season pass set up for my nightly news. I just set number of episodes to keep at 1. I have no need to look at old news...

8. scandia101

Oct 20, 2007
    MN, greater...
    That's not even relevant, but thanks for sharing.

9. evanborkow

evanborkow Member

Mar 17, 2008
    It may be bad guide info. I have a season pass for the Today Show set to keep one on my THD and it records the entire four hour show.

10. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    Guide info for the Today Show must be different for different areas. Here in Houston, 7-9am is one show, and 9-10 is a separate show and 10-11 is a third show. I originally wanted to do what you did Mike, but found that the 2nd & 3rd showing were screwing up my Keep One. So I set a manual recording for 7-9am.

This is where a "specific time only" SP would be really cool.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

11. MikeOrlando

MikeOrlando New Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Thank you every one for your responses.

I have setup a manual record for the TODAY show, and that is working great. It is only recording the first two hours that I watch and overwriting it every day.

I also think I am beginning to understand season pass a bit better. I now understand that passes are channel specific. For whatever reason when I was setting them up on my iPhone via TiVo app it was only seeing the shows on the re-run channel and not the regular network channel.

I still have some issues where it is saying that the show will be deleted in X amount of days, even though I say to keep until I delete and I am not to the max number of shows, but I will figure that out.

Thanks again,
    Mike

12. innocentfreak

Aug 25, 2001
    Florida
    When you search for a show on TiVo.com, it finds the first episode in the guide. This would be why it might be picking the syndicated channel. If you look at upcoming episodes you can pick the channel you want.

You also can only set up season passes for channels it is currently airing on in the next 12 days or so.

I don't keep anything until I delete so not sure there. Are you sure the shows you are looking at are marked that way? You can change the keep until date on actual episodes so you may want to double check those.

13. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas

That made me chuckle ;)