NPL takes too long to load

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Trekker182, Oct 21, 2007.

1. Trekker182

Trekker182 New Member

Dec 13, 2003

Advertisements

A few weeks ago I purchased a kit from dvrupgrade for my Samsung Dtivo unit. Everything's been going great and I have maybe about 85 shows on my NPL, taking a total of about 30% of my total hard drive space. Yesterday, however, I started noticing that my NPL is taking forever to load, and sometimes it just doesn't! It just sits there with a totally blank screen. It will let me scroll up and down, but when I goto select something, nothing is there so it makes the error sound.

I deleted about 12 shows thru tivoweb 2.0, and now it takes about 1-2 minutes to show up. Any idea's??? I don't think 85 shows is enough to overload the list, especially since I have enough room for 60% more and it was still doing it even tho I organized things into folders just to make sure.

It seems it shows up faster when there is a show recording or when I keep pressing one or two to change options in the NPL, almost like it's forcing a refresh, but it doesn't work all of the time.

In tivoweb 2.0, the NPL shows up fine and I'm running 6.2a.

2. John T Smith

John T Smith New Member

Jun 17, 2004
    Vancouver WA
  3. ttodd1

ttodd1 Proud Computer Geek

Nov 5, 2003
    SC
    DNS issue. Check out wiki for the Zipper

4. Trekker182

Trekker182 New Member

Dec 13, 2003
    Thanks, I noticed that it "coincidently" coincided when my cable modem went out...thus cutting off my net. I just replaced my modem and now I have net again...and guess what??? It works!!!