Now Playing

Discussion in 'TiVo Series 1 - UK' started by dchsimpson, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Nov 9, 2008 #1 of 11
    dchsimpson

dchsimpson New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Stafford

Advertisements

The space utilization hack that displays the percentage space used on the now playing screen has stopped working. ie no display.

Any ideas?

2. Nov 9, 2008 #2 of 11
    nickf

nickf New Member

Oct 12, 2001
    Suffolk, UK
    Funny, I only installed it today, and it's fine for me. Do you have telnet access to the box? Can you check if autospace is running? Or maybe a reboot will bring it back (if it's set to auto-start).

3. Nov 9, 2008 #3 of 11
    PhilG

PhilG New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    I noticed mine had "stopped working" a couple of weeks ago

That's when I doscovered all or /var/hack had gone :eek:

Otherwise it does seem pretty bomb-proof

Phil G

4. dchsimpson

dchsimpson New Member

Jan 23, 2004
    Stafford
    Thanks, That makes sense as my tivo was pritty well full up.
    I will check it out. I have found the original autospace code.

5. itsgreat

itsgreat New Member

Nov 26, 2008

Advertisements

I am new to TiVo and overall I think it's great, but it records shows it THINKS you might be interested in. Such as CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, Law and Order SVU, Law and Order Criminal Intent and so on. This is great, but I do not like old repeats & that's what most of these episodes are.

Is there away to limit the number of shows recorded, or is it something I have to live with?

Thanks in advance

6. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
  7. JudyB

JudyB New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Even when Suggestions work, they will always be deleted before any of the shows which you had specifically set to be recorded. So you can just ignore any which you aren't interested in.
    Assuming that Suggestions ever work again, you can also use the red thumbs down to tell TiVo that you don't want to watch particular programmes.

8. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Actually, that's not (as far as I know) quite correct. When you use thumbs have always been related to the genres that a programme is in, not the programme itself, which is difficult when a show is in two genres; one you like and one you dont!

9. JudyB

JudyB New Member

Jan 25, 2006
    Now I'm confused. We have successfully used thumbs-down to stop our TiVo recording things such as the Superman series but our TiVo has still continued to record programmes such as Babylon 5. Superficially I would have thought that both would have been in the same genres, but perhaps they are in more than one?

10. cwaring

cwaring VM Tivo User

Feb 11, 2002
    Knaresboroug...
    Well, like I said I might be wrong (either wholly or partially), but I don't think I am.
    Yes, I think that would be it.

11. PhilG

PhilG New Member

Jan 15, 2002
    ... and if you really hate suggestions altogether (like me!) there is an option to turn them off completely

I think it's somewhere in Preferences. (but it's been a while)

Phil G