Now Playing List is empty Galleon 2.1.0

Discussion in 'TiVo Home Media Features & TiVoToGo' started by lexsar, Jan 16, 2006.

1. lexsar

lexsar Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Maryland

Advertisements

I have installed and configured Galleon 2.1.0 on my HP 876x Media Center PC running XPMedia Center 2004. I have Tivo version 2.2 installed also. I can see my MP3s and photos but nothing show up for either of my 2 Series 2 Tivos in the Now Playing List. I have fooled around with the configuration with no success. I have tried searching past posts but haven't found a useful answer yet. Any ideas? THANKS!

2. javahmo

javahmo New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    The Now Playing list will only show your videos on your PC if GoBack is enabled in the Galleon configuration GUI File/GoBack menu. It should appear right at the bottom of the Now Playing list.

3. lexsar

lexsar Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Maryland
    I am not refering to videos on my PC, I mean any recorded programs on either Tivo. Nothing shows up in Now Playing List when I go into Galleon on my Tivo as if there is nothing recorded on either Tivo.

I did enable GoBack and I can see the Tivo files on my PC but not any of the recorded programs on either Tivo.

4. Grimm1

Grimm1 Member

Jan 9, 2000
    Stanton, CA
    I noticed this happening with 2.01. The only way I found to refresh the "Now Playing List" was to enter the PC Video folder that is listed in Now Playing (the one created by TiVo Desktop not the one created by Galleon) and then back out of that folder. I haven't played with 2.1 yet so not sure if it's the same glitch...but it sounds like it.

5. ACraigL

ACraigL Member

Feb 12, 2003

Advertisements

I saw this as well. A TiVo reboot cleared it up. I'm not entirely sure it was a Galleon thing, but I guess so if others experienced it.

6. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I've had problems in the past, too, where the Now Playing List in Galleon simply stops refreshing. Restarting Galleon doesn't help, but shutting it down, deleting everything under the data directory (where Galleon stores its database), and restarting it usually does the trick.

7. ACraigL

ACraigL Member

Feb 12, 2003
    Maybe I'm confused, but I meant (and I thought the OP meant) the TiVo Now Playing list, not Galleon's. My Now Playing list was empty, only displaying the background animation. It would not respond to any remote commands and I had to pull the plug to reboot. Once I did, the problems went away.

The symptoms coincided with a Galleon 2.10 update, but again, I can't say for sure it was Galleon that caused it.

8. lexsar

lexsar Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Maryland
    I also had this problem in Galleon 2.0.1 which is why I tried upgrading to the new version hoping that would remedy it.

I rebooted the Tivo but still no programs in Now Playing List on the Tivo.

9. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    I am able to make the NPL on my TiVo disappear using Galleon as well, as described in this post, but just dropping to Live TV and then going back into the NPL restores the list (plus, it only involves using subfolders in the GoBack app).

It sounds like you're saying your entire NPL on the TiVo is empty, and it wasn't this way until you started using Galleon? Weird.

10. lexsar

lexsar Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Maryland
    I tried dropping back to live TV then trying to see if the NPL gets populated again but no luck there either. I can see all of my recorded programs on each Tivo through the Tivo Central Now Playing List but not if I go through Galleon and then choose TivoToGo.

I can see and access my MP3s, Podcasts, Shoutcast through Galleon but no Tivo recordings.

11. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Ok, we're getting everyone (including me) confused again.

I thought some people were saying their Now Playing List on the TiVo itself was empty, which I have not seen except for the subfolders/GoBack bug in Galleon.

If the Now Playing List in Galleon is empty, that's another story.

Is your MAK entered correctly in the Galleon ToGo config? When you use the Test button, can Galleon "see" your TiVos?

12. lexsar

lexsar Member

Dec 15, 2003
    Maryland
    I double checked that the MAK is configured correctly in Galleon and here is where the problem was! I had left one digit off of the MAK. Problem solved. Thanks!

I have been enjoying the other aspects of Galleon (Podcasts, Shoutcast, Weather, MP3s, etc...) and I look forward to using Galleon for Tivo file transfers.

Thanks again all....

13. windracer

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Sweet! Glad we could figure it out!

:up: