now getting V52 and V53 errors on some channels; Tivo says it related to upgrade

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by marklyn, Sep 19, 2016.

1. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin

Advertisements

Tonight, I'm getting a V53 signal strength error on some channels (like in the 200's and 500's (HBO))
    I called Tivo and followed the drone's instructions, unplug EVERYTHING, wait 15 seconds, plug in and do the guided setup again. The problem is still there. I also did the connect to Tivo again...
    I seem to be getting lower channels fine just a hodgepodge of other higher channels don't work. Oddly enough some of the HBO channels do work, most don't.
    She sounded resolute that this had to do with the recent guide upgrade/update and that the problem will resolve itself but in the mean time I'm without some of the channels I'd like to watch.

I'm curious to know if anyone else is aware of this issue or does what she say about this being related to the guide update make sense?

2. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    The guide update has ZERO to do with getting those errors. And for a CSR to tell you it will resolve on its own is just a standard way to get you off the phone.

3. marklyn

marklyn Member

Jan 21, 2002
    Austin
    I think I just figured that out. I went to the Tivo Diagnostic's screen and looked at any of the tuners there were on the channels I'm having a problem with. They were all 0 percent signal, and most other readings for that channel were blanked out.
    The tuners that were on channels that I am getting had normal stats on them.

*sigh* I guess I'll have to call the TWC cable card people tomorrow morning.

4. drrich0216

drrich0216 New Member

Aug 29, 2016
    I just went through the same thing. It's been at least 4 weeks since my premiere 4 started to do the exact thing.
    Even though m old TiVo HD works fine when paired with the same cable card, support still swears it's the upgrade and it will resolve.

I'm buying a new TiVo. I don't believe it's not the unit, and if is a software problem, they seem to have no idea how long it will take until it's resolved.

They should pro rate and credit our service for each day we don't get all of the channels we are paying for.

5. RSCHOON

RSCHOON Member

Sep 7, 2013

Advertisements

Go look up all my posts and the Winter Update Breaks Cable Card thread...it's been a debacle. Long story short, try fully unplugging it for 45 mins and the boot back up. May need to do it a few times.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk