NOVA: Decoding COVID-19

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by cwerdna, May 15, 2020.

1. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Decoding COVID-19

Had posted about it in the coronavirus thread.

Was a good episode. Some of the info at the beginning you might already know if you’d been keeping up with COVID-19 news. I didn’t know much before RNA vaccines and how quickly they go bad/become ineffective.

Was interesting to see a bit more about Wuhan’s green/yellow/red code system, QR code scanning that incorporates contact tracing closer to the end. That along w/the temperature checks are WAY more strict than anything else we have in the US now.

Jed1, JandS, gossamer88 and 1 other person like this.
  2. gossamer88

gossamer88 UHDTV Snob

Jul 26, 2005
    Da Bronx
    For those who missed it, it's on YouTube:

ThePennyDropped likes this.
  3. Jed1

Jed1 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2013
    Frackville, PA.
    I tried watching this for a second time last night and of course I fell asleep again. It is not because I am not interested but I have been this way do to the way I was working for the past year and a half. I worked second shift during the week and then got about 2 to 3 hours of sleep Friday night and then went into work for day shift Saturday and Sunday. I did that for 13 months straight until I got laid off at the end of March. Even being off for two months I usually still fall asleep 10 to 20 minutes after I turn the TV on in the evening.

4. justen_m

justen_m Cheesehead

Jan 14, 2004
    Boise, ID
    Looks like my guide data was messed up, or wasn't updated. Seems as if Decoding Covid-19 and Eagle Power, S47E8-9, got swapped but the guide data didn't.

So...
    I've got a recording that's listed as S478, Eagle Power, that was recorded on 5/13, but it is actually the Decoding Covid-19 episode.
    I've got a recording that's listed as S47E9, Decoding Covid-19, that was recorded on 5/20, but it is actually the Eagle Power episode.

I suppose I could download both with kmttg, mess with the filenames and metadata, and then transfer back to my TiVo... but it's not worth the bother. I'll just remember until I get around to watching them. Right.

5. cwerdna

cwerdna Proud Tivolutionary

Feb 22, 2001
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Gotta love crappy Rovi guide data!

Can't you just watch it while it's still online? If you have a Chromecast or something that YouTube can cast to, you can watch on a big screen.