Nothing in todo list

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by mgama, Aug 29, 2008.

1. mgama

mgama Member

May 22, 2002

Advertisements

For the past couple of days, I noticed TiVo wasn't recording anything. None of my season passes, none of my manual re-occuring recordings, and no TiVo suggestions.

My manual recording for The Daily Show (11:00pm, comedy central channel, m-f (even though Friday is something else)), was not recording for the past 2 or 3 days. And when I look at the history, it doesn't have any report of it being recorded or not recorded.

I cleared out my TiVo suggestion recordings a few days ago, and it hasn't recorded any new suggestions since.

Viewing live TV works fine. It records shows just fine when I tell it to. Looking at the todo list season passes, several list upcoming episodes, but none of them are listed as being recorded.

The only thing that jumps out to me is there may have been a new software patch pushed down. I thought the YouTube option had been there for a couple weeks, but just this week I got a message telling me about the YouTube feature. So I don't know if a software patch was pushed out, or if this was some broadcast message send to everyone.

Any ideas? I hope I don't have to delete/recreate all my season passes.

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Reboot it.. unfortunately, that can sometimes fix problems like this (that should never occur in the first place).

3. Outergarage

Outergarage New Member

Oct 8, 2007
    I just noticed this too. Mine is not automatically recording. There is nothing in my To Do List and it has not recorded any suggestions in the last couple of days. I just realized I missed a couple of my Season Pass shows.

I can manually record a show though.

I will reboot it to see if it helps.

4. jeffshome

jeffshome Member

Jan 4, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    I had the same problem: nothing in the todo list; missed season passes and no suggestions in days. The recording history gives no reason for not recording season passes. When I find programs in the guide it is supposed to record it just says it will not be recorded. It had been making daily call successfully but I rebooted and forced a daily call and let it load the guide data. Everything seems fine now. I noticed under system information the guide cache had expired yesterday before I rebooted and forced the daily call and now it is several days in the future.

5. CharlesH

CharlesH Member

Aug 29, 2002
    Sacramento...

Advertisements

Sounds exactly like what happened to me a few days ago, mentioned in this thread. I rebooted and then "touched" each season pass, but it is possible that that if I had waited after rebooting that it would have fixed itself. In any case, it is working now. As I mentioned in that thread, it sure is behaving as if the task that populates the ToDo list just died/hung.

6. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Re-order something in the "Season Passes" that should re-trigger the recording calculations.

7. yukit

yukit Member

Jul 23, 2005
    Is this specific to S3/THD? I had the same issue (season pass not recording), so I came here to see if this was a known problem.

Does this also apply to S2/DT Tivo? It is a pain to touch all season pass on all my Tivos. I hope the restart will fix the problem.

8. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    I do not know which TiVos have the problem or what causes it. Just suggesting that moving or changing any item in the SP list would force a complete re-index hopefully correcting the to do list.

9. johnf@home

johnf@home New Member

Dec 1, 2007
    San Jose, CA
    That didn't fix it for me. (I just noticed yesterday that our second TiVo HD hadn't recorded anything since 5:00 pm last Friday). A reboot didn't help, but reordering the season pass list (moving the last entry to first place) recalculated everything, and the ToDo list suddenly showed lots of things to record (including Eureka, Heroes, ...).

10. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Funny that I commented in this thread, because my S1 has been having a problem like this lately -- it has nothing in the Suggestions page. I have rebooted IT a few times, and once since then it did record a new suggestion (though even after that happened, when I checked the suggestions page it gave the text about using thumbs when it's new).

I haven't tried the reorder SP list trick, and I will.. (I only use suggestions as a crude free space indicator, so it hasn't bugged me _too much_ since I've actually been watching more than I've been recording on that one lately.)

But to clarify, the To Do list has been fine, just the suggestions have been similar to this thread.