NOT_SUBSCRIBED - post here what you do to fix it

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by AbMagFab, Aug 3, 2007.

1. AbMagFab

AbMagFab What happened, TiVo?

Feb 5, 2001
    So I have a "NOT_SUBSCRIBED" message on one of my cablecards. I had this before with Comcast, and after multiple truck rolls and phone calls, they got it fixed but I wasn't sure how.

This is my 6th FIOS CC (the first 4 went super smoothly), and it says "NOT_SUBSCRIBED". I thought all they needed to do was "Initialize" then "Activate", but either the tech didn't do that, or there's something else wrong.

Anyone get specific information on what their provider did to fix the "NOT_SUBSCRIBED" message on one of their cable cards?

(For what it's worth, CC2 in the same device is fine, it's just CC1.)

2. bdraw

bdraw Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Tampa, FL
    Had the exact same problem with one of my 4 CC from FIOS. The conditional access menu indicated it was connected to the CP, but not authorized. The installer tried his best, but couldn't get it to work. I waited a few days, then called customer support, the guy did something and within 15 minutes I was up and running. The CSR seemed to know exactly what the problem was and was very confident he could fix it, I didn't believe him then, but I do now.

3. Kablemodem

Kablemodem Get the ketchup.

May 26, 2001
    Sherman...
    They have to rehit your card.

4. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    It means your card isn't registered in the cable company system correctly. It may just be a matter of them re-initializing the card, or you may need to give them the correct cable card and host ids for them to register it correctly (they may have transposed a number by accident).

5. joneSi

joneSi New Member

Mar 28, 2004
    Just did this today. I had 2 cards that were dead in a comcast install. I called comcast and had them send a hit to the tivo box cc slot 1 and slot 2. I didn't think it worked. About 20 minutes later, I checked cc 1 and it was working perfectly. CC 2 still had nothing. So I called them back and had them send another hit to a Sony LCD-RP TV that we have with a CC slot in it, the first hit that I would have them send...and it worked. So I took the card out, put it into tivo slot 2, and it worked! I then took the card that didn't work in the TiVo and put it into the TV, had them send one last hit, and it finally worked too!

Bottom line for me was that if you have another device to have them send the hit to, the TiVo seemed a little picky, have them do that and then swap the card. For me it worked, all is working now.

joneSi

6. jfh3

jfh3 Active Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Denver area