Not showing upgraded drive size <137

Discussion in 'TiVo Upgrade Center' started by DBowen, Jan 18, 2006.

1. DBowen

DBowen New Member

Jan 17, 2006

Advertisements

I used the Hindsdale guide for upgrading the size of my 40hr by doing the copy with no backup. I decided to put a 120 gig in, I went through the steps and my Tivo, with 120 gig drive in, is only showing 40 hr. Does anyone know what I might have done wrong? I used the boot disk with the >137 gig Kernel because I was originally going to use a 300 gig (decided it was overkill), but that shouldn't have made a difference should it?

Thanks

2. HomeUser

HomeUser Active Member

Jan 12, 2003
    A2 Michigan
    Copy implies that the destination is the same size as the source. Which command and what options did you use to copy the drive? You might be able to use the mfsadd command to expand the drive if you were missing the expand option -x for mfsrestore.

Also a little info about your TiVo like what model?

You can only upgrade a single drive once and keep the recordings, Id go with the 300G drive.

3. mick66

mick66 Dirty Burger

Oct 15, 2004
    The 'verse
    When the instructions say to disconnect the hd from your pc and put it back into your Tivo to test it, you need to put it back in the pc and finish the upgrade process with the mfsadd command to expand it to it's full capacity.

mfsadd –x /dev/hdc