Not seeing other wireless tivo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by NatasNJ, Jan 28, 2012.

1. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    I have 2 TivoHD's. Both with Wireless adapters on the same network.
    Typically they work fine. (slow but fine) Bedroom & living Room.
    I noticed recently my Living Room unit will not show my bedroom DVR in the now playing list. If I go into bedroom Tivo it shows my living room unit though.

Any ideas why one tivo is not seeing the other?

2. lillevig

lillevig Cold in East Iowa

Dec 6, 2010
    Marion, Iowa
    Force a restart on the offending Tivo. If that doesn't do it, then force a restart on the other one. I always have that issue with my S3HD whenever I introduce a new member of the family. It doesn't like to play nice without special attention. Not sure why they would quit when they were working before but the restarts usually do it.

3. NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    If I restart the Living Room Tivo it does cause the Bedroom Tivo to appear in the Now Playing list. But it seems to disappear within a fairly quick period of time. (day or so) Goign to try and time it this time..

4. sjsaliba

sjsaliba New Member

Mar 30, 2008
    I have the same problem from time to time. I have found several ways to correct the problem:force one or all tivos to connect to tivo network server, and/or restart/ reboot your tivos.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    If you haven't already, give both TiVos (and everything else on your network that doesn't travel) a fixed IP address.

Can't hurt, might help.