Not recording Property Ladder

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by hopefulboydy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. hopefulboydy

hopefulboydy Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Two weeks in a row now, my season pass for Property Ladder has failed to record the new showing on TLC on a Saturday night. When I checked the toDo list to see why it didnt record, it shows the reason as (and I have to paraphrase now as I didnt write it down) "The show didnt record as its no longer showing in the program guide".

I checked the guide and it is there, plain as day at the time it was supposed to be.

Has anyone else ever experienced a similar issue?

I have my season pass set to record first runs and repeats. I am using a series 2 running the the latest SW (8.3.1 I think).

Thanks in advance.

2. 5&counting

5&counting New Member

Aug 19, 2007
    We have had the same problem with Property Ladder and a few others on different channels. When you call up the To Do List, the programs are listed and shows the date and time at which they are supposed to record. The next thing you know, they have not recorded. You check the View Recording History and it shows that it wasn't recorded and the reason is that it shows up at a later date and time. My guess is because it is low on the priority of Season Passes and there is a lot of hours already stored on the drive. It just bumps it because it is a lower priority season pass in order to have room to record the higher priority season pass programs. Just my thought, let me know if I'm right or wrong.

3. MaryT

MaryT Member

Dec 3, 2001
    NJ
    Something changed in the guide data. I noticed that property ladder suddenly disappeared from the todo list and went to check the guide information.

A search found 2 listings for property ladder, with the new shows moved to the second listing and not showing up in todo. The SP was showing on the first listing, with no upcoming showings to be recorded.

I got a second SP and everything has recorded just fine the past 2 weeks.

4. hopefulboydy

hopefulboydy Member

Jul 11, 2003
    San Jose, CA
    Thanks for the replies. Both of these provide useful info. My Property Ladder is low in the season pass list but my recently deleted folder has 90 shows in it, so its not close to being out of recording space just yet.

Maybe, before the show was going to record and it was all scheduled in the To Do list, it went AWOL from the guide?At that point, I would imagine that Tivo would drop it off the To Do List. Then sometime before I checked (to find out why it never recorded), it was returned to the Guide but Tivo didnt reschedule it into the To Do list?

Anyway, I cant go without my weekly Kirsten fix, so I am going to set a manual date and time recording on one of my back-up Tivos (in my bedroom) just to be safe.

Thanks,
    hopefulboydy