Not much to watch on TV...must be June

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by HomieG, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Jun 1, 2006 #1 of 41
    HomieG

HomieG Nowhere Man...

Feb 17, 2003
    Somewhere...

Advertisements

Not much to watch on TV all of a sudden, and nothing on the DirecTiVo that interests me. Must be June. Thank goodness for the spacewalk in progress, or I'd have to go out for a walk or something...

2. Jun 1, 2006 #2 of 41
    TiMo Tim

TiMo Tim LostVotingVirginity

Jul 20, 2001
    Bloomington, IL
    I've got a ton of all flavors of CSI that we need to catch up on, as well as 8 or so King of Queens episodes.

Unfortunately, all are on my SD DTiVo because of my crappy non-HD CBS affiliates.

3. Jun 1, 2006 #3 of 41
    bidger

bidger Active Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Elmira, NY
    Yanks-Tigers, Mavs-Suns(HD), and Sabres-Hurricanes(HD). I'm set. When Sports isn't on, I've got the stuff I've stored on my TiVos, rewatched the Season finale of "The Office"(NBC) last night. Been going over "Sopranos" eps again in anticipation of the Season finale on Sunday.

Since I've gone DVR I'm not reliant on the broadcast network shows for entertainment. I only TiVo'd "Arrested Development", "Prison Break", "The Simpsons", and "Family Guy" on FOX, "My Name Is Earl", "The Office", and SNL on NBC. There's no shows on ABC or CBS that I watch or record regularly. Everything else is from the "cable" channels. Plus, I have DVDs. Been watching a lot of "Mystery Science Theater 3000" from both Rhino and DAP.

To me, as DVR user, if you find yourself saying, "There's nothing on!", you're doing something wrong. ;)

4. Jun 1, 2006 #4 of 41
    IndyJones1023

IndyJones1023 Auteur

Apr 1, 2002
    Orlando, FL
    Aside from several Smallvilles, I am all caught up on the HDTiVo. And it has nothing scheduled to record for the foreseeable future. I am waiting to watch Smallville with my boys.

5. Jun 1, 2006 #5 of 41
    slydog75

slydog75 Not all that sly

Jul 8, 2004
    Warminster, PA

Advertisements

You're not making proper use of your DTivo.. your board membership is henceforth revoked!

6. Jun 1, 2006 #6 of 41
    simmssays

simmssays New Member

Apr 20, 2006
    I think the best show on TVr right now is Last Comic Standing. Take a look if you haven't seen it.

7. Jun 1, 2006 #7 of 41
    Ereth

Ereth Unemployed Bum

Jun 16, 2000
    Jacksonville...
    I'm watching this really bad show called "Surface" that is being re-run on UHD. I didn't watch it before so I'm watching it now, but really it's a train wreck.

But at least it's not re-runs that I've already seen!

8. Jun 1, 2006 #8 of 41
    busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    Except for my Daily Show/Colbert Report/Olbermann block of daily repeat recordings, my To Do list only has 16 items on it. :eek:

9. Jun 1, 2006 #9 of 41
    SuperZippy

SuperZippy Instigator

Feb 11, 2002
    Southern...
    we have at least 4 of the each show we watch left to watch...

the only thing we kept up to date on was reality, so las vegas, csi, without a trace, oc, lost, medium and a couple of others are waiting for us...

should last all summer with the xbox 360 needing love too...

10. JediCowboyD

JediCowboyD Nerf Herder

Feb 21, 2002
    Happy...
    Spelling Bee! 'Nuff said!

11. sushikitten

sushikitten LivingLippy.com

Jan 27, 2005
    Chicago-ish...
    We have probably 50 hours of miscellaneous stuff just waiting for us. Every few months I decide to scroll through EVERY program listed to see what's out there I might be missing. I've run across some great stuff that way... Plus I have a lot of cooking shows backed up.

12. scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    Windfall looks interesting.

13. Alfer

Alfer New Member

Aug 7, 2003
    Watching the new episode of Ghost Hunters..they're investigating The Shining hotel (The Stanley) in Colorado. :)

14. Neenahboy

Neenahboy Statistical outlier

Apr 7, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    I did watch all of the prelim and final round coverage of the Spelling Bee tonight, but other than that, the only things on the TiVo are Wheel of Fortune and Dr. Phil. How sad is that?

15. quarkman97

quarkman97 All mobbed up!

Nov 17, 2002
    Brewcity, WI
    Yeah its getting pretty bare here as well. We actually downgraded our cable since there isn't as much stuff to watch in the summer. Cut the cable bill in half. Maybe it might work out, if not, we can always upgrade.

We're catching up on 24. We wait and save all the episodes and watch them back to back in the summer. I don't know how people go week to week with some of the suspense on that show.

Good thing 4400, Deadwood, Life with Louie start 6/11.

Any other series people are looking forward to?

16. Dignan

Dignan _

Jan 27, 2002
    _
    I'm slowly working my way through all the saved crime (criminal minds, csi:ny) and hospital dramas (house, er), and shows that just got boring (desperate housewives). I am enjoying Big Love, it was pretty slow at first but now I'm hooked.

17. dansee

dansee Sayonara

Oct 23, 2003
    Have the full seasons of Gilmore Girls, My Name is Earl, and Alias to watch. Otherwise, summer tends to be BBC stuff, and catching up on DVDs.

18. Jeeters

Jeeters Registered Snoozer

Feb 25, 2003
    PA
    Just finished watching season 2 of the L-Word last week. Working through season 3 this week.

Also have the last 4 episodes of Sons & Daughters to deal with yet.

And also have all 8 episodes of The Bedford Diaries. Not sure if I'm going to bother, though.

Can't wait for season 3 of Entourage which is coming up soon. I'll probably accumulate them all then watch them as a group. Each episode goes too fast if I watch them individually as they're aired.

19. Sirius Black

Sirius Black Grey Warden Reject

Dec 26, 2001
    A City by...
    Better, it gets. Give it time, you should.

20. mrpantstm

mrpantstm Well aren't you

Jan 25, 2005
    Fredericksbu...
    Celebrity Pokers back apparently (thank you SP). That and Ramsey's Kitchen Nightmares are the only active things on my SP list at the moment. I think Entourage picks up in a couple weeks.