Not going to get any future HD channels from Bright House

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by tammyinmi, Jan 3, 2008.

1. tammyinmi

tammyinmi New Member

Jun 4, 2005
    Redford,...
    Not sure if there are any Bright House Michigan users on the board, but I was informed today from Bright House that Cable Card users are not going to receive any NEW HD channels from Bright House. (including the new TBSHD and NGHD) I asked the representative on the phone if these new channels were being broadcast with SDV, and she didn't know what I was talking about. I asked her if there was anyone there I could talk to about this and the future of SDV. She did find someone who had some knowledge of SDV and the new dongle soon to come for TIVO users. So they said that right now the channels are not on SDV, but they would be soon. The dongle is not available right now, but when it was, I would then get all the new HD channels.

I just switched from Directv to cable to receive HD programing I couldn't get from Directv. I have learned so much from users here on this board that I was not aware of when I first purchased my TivoHD. The people selling cable for the cable companies are so uninformed about the use of cable cards. I was the first customer to order cable cards from the guy who did my cable order.

I just want to say THANKS to all of you who share your knowledge!

2. mattack

mattack Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2001
    sunnyvale
    Umm, so shouldn't you be a little bit more clear and say that you won't be able to receive any new HD channels *until* the Tivo USB SDV adapter thing is released?

3. bicker

bicker bUU

Nov 9, 2003
    Florida
    Gosh, no, that would be less sensationalistic. :rolleyes:

4. windracer

windracer joined the 10k club

Jan 3, 2003
    St. Pete, FL
    Strange, I've got BHN in the Tampa/St. Pete area and have all the newly released HD channels (Food, History, Science, etc.) on my THD and S3s (with SciAtl S-Cards).

5. ZeoTiVo

ZeoTiVo I can't explain

Jan 2, 2004
    Time Warner cable seems to be relenting on SDV for right now as well. There seems to be enough backlash on not receiving channels via cable cards that they are going to wait for the dongle solution before going deeper into SDV, I think. Of course regional cable companies will vary on this as always