Not getting any attention from Tivo Tech Support.

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by NoNose, Apr 10, 2018.

1. NoNose

NoNose It's complicated...

Nov 27, 2015
    Orygun, USA

Advertisements

Two severe problems have been processed through two first tier support people. Both problems have a case number that was sent to me. However, the departments that the tickets were referred to, have not made any live contact, only boilerplate messages that they have been notified. Is there any way to contact the "Lineup" tech support people directly? The internal email process does not seem to work, as an "Additional Information Request" form I completed has not stopped the boilerplate messages requesting that very data. I've been getting those generic email messages twice a day for a couple of weeks. I don't know where to turn to get this mess moving. Ideas?

2. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    If you have a lineup problem, I’ve found the best way is simply filing the online form. This is for cable- from what I read, OTA seems more problematic. I’ve probably filed 20 or so forms and all have been taken care of after several business days.

krkaufman likes this.
  3. NoNose

Nov 27, 2015
    Orygun, USA
    Thanks, and yep it is a Roamio OTA not getting any guide data because the channel identifications are incorrect or missing. Everything was fine until I called about missing SkipMode functionality. A "Guided Setup" was performed and Bob's your Uncle, the guide data was gone as well as the previously working channels. Nothing any 1st Tier people can do anything about, so the case(s) were sent to their respective "Tech" support departments. So far, it seems that nobody is home there.

4. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    you have a case number, so the only way to properly get them more information is to go to that case in the support area and update the problem there.

5. NoNose

Nov 27, 2015
    Orygun, USA

Advertisements

Still, a case number has not triggered any contact from a Tivo "Lineup" person. I've sent follow-up messages, but they have not triggered any response. The only thing I get, are automated acknowledgements that my single message was received. I get that message twice a day, every day. They won't stop. I still have no idea what I can do to resolve this. Is there no other contact method that has worked for anyone? The first tier C/S people can't (or won't) provide any help beyond the superficial stuff that a new customer might have when setting up their new Tivo. Guide Data belongs to the Tivo Lineup department, who seem to be absolutely off-limits to Tivo users.

6. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Try twitter. @TiVoSupport

7. videobruce

videobruce OTA is still alive

Nov 30, 2012
    Buffalo NY
    That's a four letter word considering who uses it. :rolleyes:

8. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    If you mean Twitter, I find it a great method to provide (attack) a wide selection of problems. As for its use, I don't stay logged in and I only use my PC. Sure, I get one or two ads. It should not be compared to FB, which I wouldn't touch. I prefer Twitter over Chat, email, phone calls and forums. Like other methods, it's not 100% effective.

I'm pretending I don't know what you mean. :(

Last edited: Apr 22, 2018
    kpeters59 likes this.
  9. NoNose

Nov 27, 2015
    Orygun, USA
    Well, that's it! After 9 weeks of waiting for some help, I'm moving on from Tivo. As stated previously, I have provided everything the boilerplate case-replies have requested. At this point I see no justification for sticking around. I enjoyed Tivo for a few years, but it doesn't seem like there is a Tivo-future worth waiting for. Something besides customer consideration has taken over the company, and I wish it wasn't so.