Not all apps are showing under customize channels to home screen???

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by Steveojp, Sep 10, 2020.

1. Steveojp

Steveojp New Member

Sep 10, 2020

Advertisements

Hello,

I just received my TiVo 4K and I love it so much it’s awesome!

I just have a question maybe it’s normal but I’m not sure.

I noticed most of the apps I have download let me put it to the home screen under the customize channels to home screen but I just downloaded peacock tv and it shows up on my apps but doesn’t show up under customize channels to home screen is that normal for some apps to not show up under customize channels to home screen....and for some apps to show up under there?

Thank you

Noelmel likes this.
  2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Active Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    I just hit the plus button and added it to mine.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
    [​IMG]

Noelmel likes this.
  3. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    I’ve noticed this too with Peacock and a few I just figured not all apps have that built in carousel row. Hopefully someone else knows for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Steveojp

Steveojp New Member

Sep 10, 2020

Noelmel likes this.
  5. Steveojp

Steveojp New Member

Sep 10, 2020

Advertisements

I just assumed maybe it’s normal and not apps are supported to be on the home page? It’s not a huge deal at all but I was just curious and wanted some good info :)

Noelmel likes this.
  6. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yes I added all mine to favorites too but I think what the OP is saying the rows below that. There isn’t a Peacock one. At the very bottom you can add customize channels but some aren’t options like Peacock

Steveojp likes this.
  7. Steveojp

Steveojp New Member

Sep 10, 2020
    Correct that's exactly what I am saying.

I could hit the plus sign and add it to my favorites but right at te very bottom you can add customize channels but some aren't options like Peacock.

Noelmel likes this.
  8. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Active Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    Ahh... I think that's a Tivo thing, and them having access to a different level of the app to create the carousel. Would imagine that just comes over time as they add support for more apps.

Would think that then gets added to Stream and its recommendations and all that crap they're trying to do.

Peacock is still fairly new in the grand scheme. I don't have it, but does CBS all access work in a carousel row?

Noelmel likes this.
  9. Steveojp

Steveojp New Member

Sep 10, 2020
    Yeah I was assuming it was a Tivo thing also just maybe that app isn't supported yet to be shown on the home screen and only be able to be shown on favorites on the top. Yeah Peacock is pretty new. I'm just new to the Tivo 4k. I love it way more than the Fire Stick!

Noelmel and dbpaddler like this.
  10. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Disney+ & HBO MAX we’re integrated within a week of launch when they were new but to be fair they may have had a head start on those. Those have a row in the carousel. So does CBS all access and it was there before it was integrated. I’ve asked several times if/ when Peacock will be integrated haven’t heard anything but I would think they would be working on it unless some type of agreement is needed first

11. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Active Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    So Peacock is a Peacock issue and the limitations they have with their app. They're working with them on it, but there's no time frame to getting it added. Guess not all apps are created equal.

Noelmel likes this.
  12. Noelmel

Noelmel Active Member

Nov 6, 2014
    Cincinnati, OH
    Yah I think the home screen rows doesn’t really go along with things integrated within the stream app. For instance I have a row for MTV / Lifetime / VH1 apps and none of those are integrated. It’s just up to the app developers I guess if they add that feature for android tv side

13. Steveojp

Steveojp New Member

Sep 10, 2020
    Makes senese everyone! I'm glad it's normal for now! I appreciate all the replies! I really like this Tivo 4k it's really awesome!

Noelmel likes this.