Not able to stream via app using Edge

Discussion in 'TiVo Edge' started by TishTash, Nov 9, 2020.

1. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY

Advertisements

When I try to enable my Edge as my streaming device via the app, I get the following after checking the boxes and hit “Start Streaming”: (see screenshot)

My Roamios are fine, so that’s a workaround I guess. Still where there’s smoke there might be fire. I restarted everything from the Edge to the Roamios to the MoCA bridge to the cable modem and router. The thing is, the Edge could be enabled before, so I’m flummoxed as to what changed, and how it can be addressed.

[​IMG]

2. Ocresident

Ocresident Member

Aug 18, 2015
    I usually get that message when I’m trying to stream from a device with a different IP subnet than the TiVo device. Check the IP address of the TiVo and the device you are trying to connect to and see if they are on the same subnet. And check to see if out of home streaming is enabled on your Edge just to see if that makes a difference.

3. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Stupid questions: 1) How do you adjust the subnet? Do you manually enter the IP? (vs use DNS to assign it).

2) I know that when you set up streaming you can check a box off for our-of-home streaming, but is that the same as enabling out-of-home streaming?

3) As mentioned, the Edge can stream its content using another (Roamio) Tivo. How is that possible and yet the Edge can’t be used as the actual streaming device?

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    While I use DHCP to set most of my IP addresses, this screen is where you can manually set anything:
    ManualIP.JPG
    Only the number (on my system) 24 is different on every device. To manually set the IP address, you write a new number in that location. I have no idea how to answer your other issues.

I know it says DNS, but I don't know why.

Dan Cour and TishTash like this.
  5. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY

Advertisements

Thanks, that’s where I figured you can do that.

I don’t believe you can “enable” a TiVo unit capable of out-of-home streaming, other than checking off that box when you set up streaming in the first place.

6. TishTash

TishTash Active Member

Jan 23, 2008
    Merrick, NY
    Magically, the unit could suddenly stream. Then, just as spontaneously, it went back to being unable to stream. Ugh.