Noone at Tivo will fix my channel lineup issue!!! Who can I contact???

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by peasant, Jan 19, 2020.

1. peasant

peasant New Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Does anyone know who at Tivo I can talk to, that can fix my channel lineup problem? I've had at least 4 people say they were working on this problem. It's a very simple fix, I filled out their lineup issue form (Report a Lineup Issue), I gave them all the info they needed. Yet, everyone stonewalls me, they say they "need more info" or they say they "fixed the problem", but noone ever actually did ANYTHING. The employees are purposefully not helping me, and sabotaging the company. I even called them on the phone and the lady said she'll personally followup on this issue to make sure it's resolved... then she just passed me on to one of the SAME employees that won't fix it, and they still didn't fix it. I'm tired of talking to Tivo employees that won't do their job!

I use OTA, and I only have 8 channels in my area, so I've been manually entering recordings since I bought the Tivo one year ago. So I've been paying the $15 monthly service for NO SERVICE. My Tivo is just a glorified VCR, albeit with a hard drive instead of VHS tapes.

I'd like Tivo to refund the last year of my service fees, but at the very least I'd like them to fix the channel lineup. What do I do??? I can't get anyone to help me. It's a real slap in the face because I've been a Tivo customer for many years. I'm considering just giving up on this company and quitting watching TV altogther. The Tivo company has gone EVIL.

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    Log into your Tivo.com account and on the left side there are all your lineup reports and results under one of them items.
    Did you even list the new frequencies listed under diagnostics when its tuned to those channels?

Fixes are not magical and can take a few weeks.

3. peasant

peasant New Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Hi, thanks for your thoughts...
    Yes, I gave them ALL the info they needed, including the frequencies. The person I spoke to on the phone even said I gave them all the info they needed too. I understand the lineup fix takes 1-3 weeks, I tried to get them to fix it at least 5 times, and each time I had to wait ~2 weeks average for a reply. This all happened from Jan 2019--March 2019, that's when I gave up and have been entering every recording manually since then.

4. shwru980r

shwru980r Well-Known Member

Jun 22, 2008
    Try rerunning guided setup with different zip codes that are adjacent to yours to see if you get better guide information.

5. peasant

peasant New Member

Jan 19, 2020
    Not a bad idea! I'll try that.

6. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    I had guide which was -3 hours behind, reported and it was fixed after a couple weeks.

7. peasant

peasant New Member

Jan 19, 2020
    I guess they like you! They don't like me though.

8. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    there's a lot more involved than a customer submitting the form and tivo making the changes, they need to verify the dma at your address, and receive permission from each individual station to update the info.

since there hasn't been an update for any station, i'd say it may be a dma issue with your address, so it's time to get a supervisor involved, and you should follow up on the ticket number every 3 or 4 days.

i know it isn't much, but it's the best suggestion that comes to my mind at the moment.

9. notmyRovi-epg

notmyRovi-epg New Member

Jan 23, 2020
    Anyone check to see if Rovi.corp api is being overwhelmed??? is it a cyberattack?

10. Mikeguy

Mikeguy Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2005
    o_O

11. ThAbtO

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    smh