Noob question: Slow-Mo?

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by iXod, Dec 27, 2015.

1. iXod

iXod New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Pretty much got all features of this Bolt figured out. But I can't figure how to get slow-motion from a recorded program.

The user guide (in the callouts on the remote diagram) says that you can press FF, Rew, or Pause during slow-mo, but doesn't say how to initiate slow-mo.

How do I get slow-mo?

Thanks!

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Under Pause. |>

3. iXod

iXod New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    Ah, thanks. #c:

Cheers, and
    Happy New Year.

iX

4. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    If like earlier models STOP is slo mo with one push.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    errr, which button is STOP?

6. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    When did Tivo ever have STOP? I haven't seen that in years. It's definitely not on the Bolt, Roamio, Premiere or Series II.

7. ej42137

ej42137 Well-Known Member

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    Apparently forever. TiVo has a network command for Stop, and TiVo IR command OBC 72 is also Stop. I have it programmed into my Logitech Harmony 890; if I use it while playing a recording, play stops and it jumps back to My Shows. If you are not playing a recording it does nothing as far as I can tell.

OBC 72 is in the middle of some codes that would only have become useful for HD, so perhaps it was added for the Direct TV HD TiVos. Like you, the only TiVo remotes I have seen with an actual Stop button are the DVD combo devices, and I think that button only controlled the DVD playback, not TiVo play. There are some IR commands which a TiVo responds to that are not present on any remote.

8. cannonz

Oct 22, 2011
    On universals is the STOP button, I believe is labelled slow (or just a symbol) on Tivo remote (I don't use tivo remotes)

9. cannonz

Oct 22, 2011
    Looking at pic of bolt remote appears it is below pause the line in front of arrow.

10. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    That button works good when going directly to an OTA channel too. ->| correct? Also does a 30 second skip forward. Busy little button. :)

11. cannonz

Oct 22, 2011
    Thats another one arrow followed by line like you said it is the dot in OTA channels and also skips from bottom to top in lists (like now playing) the one that goes to slo mo is line followed by triangle arrow. On Bolt remote I saw pic of, was the bottom of the 4 way round button with pause button in middle.

12. ej42137

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

13. iXod

iXod New Member

Dec 13, 2015
    The awesomest replies are those that crush all speculation. (c;

Great!

iX

14. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Post #1 is question.
    Post # 2 is answer.
    Post #3 is acknowledgement.

15. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    OK, let me rephrase the question. When has a Tivo remote ever had Stop? But you already answered, which is never.

Like you, I also use the Stop command on my universal. So I understand that the Stop command exists and probably always has. But you're not going to find it on any Tivo remote except the rare, old DVD combo you mentioned.

The Stop command most certainly isn't the same as Slo-mo.

16. ej42137

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    When was the Close Captions Off button present on any TiVo remote? What about Standby? And the Resolution 480p button? I think the only TiVo remotes these and similar commands were found on were engineering lab prototypes, with the possible exception of Standby which might have been found on a non-TiVo branded remote I've never been able to locate an actual example of.

17. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Doesn't matter if there are a hundred discretes that have never been on a TiVo remote. I was only questioning the post that claimed Stop = Slo-mo. Not only is that not true, it would be impossible to perform that on any TiVo remote. So it isn't a very good alternative to Slo-mo.

18. ej42137

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    We're arguing with unspecified antecedents and inaccurate innuendo. I give up!

19. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Guilty as charged. I tend to murder the English language when typing with my thumbs. I completely missed the innuendo.

I agree that Stop has always existed. I agree that Stop exists on DVD combo Tivo remotes. I disagree that Stop is a suitable replacement for Slo-mo unless by slow you mean infinitely slow. I disagree that Stop is possible on any Tivo remote made in the last decade (not counting DVD combo models) unless you learn it from a universal to the Input button on a Slide Pro.

20. ej42137

Feb 15, 2014
    Los Angeles
    I'm sure you realize that it's not me with whom you are disagreeing with on those two points; we are in complete accord there on those two points and probably on every other assertion you have made in this thread.