No Tv projected just black screen but every thing else shows up fine Help

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by CKY, Feb 20, 2006.

1. CKY

CKY New Member

Oct 9, 2005
    Last night after watching Tv through Tivo for about 25 mintues I went to change the channel, all that came up was black with no sound. So I change to like 5 different channels and same problem. I went to Tivo central, and it showed up and made the little sound bit it always does. I go to Now Playing list it shows up. I go back to live Tv but, still no Tv, just black. I hit Guide it shows up over the black, I hit pause the little Bar shows up to over the black, but still no Tv.

They both show up over the black like Tivo thinks it’s projecting Tv, but in reality its not. I then go to channel 0, which is snow because I don’t receive anything on that channel and Tivo responds like normal, with the Blue Screen telling me its not receiving cable on this channel.(I saw no snow, all I saw when I went to this channel was black like ever other channel, but then the blue screen came up a couple of seconds later like it normally does)

Back to a regular channel (That I receive cable on) and still black. Thinking its Cox Cable I change my Tv (Tivo is set up to air on Tv through channel 3, with Coaxial Cable Out) channels and they are working fine, Cox Cable is coming in fine. Then I return to Tivo Central and put it in Standby. Change channels on my Tv again but this time during Standby, like I normally do, when i want to watch Tv without Tivo and the channels come in fine. So again it’s not Cable Company.

Then I bring Tivo out of Standby and same problem, black screen, but Tivo Central shows up with it’s sound, Guide still shows up over black screen, and so does Pause Bar too. So I then restart Tivo and its back to normal.

So what was happening? :confused: :confused: There was nothing wrong with the output cord because Tivo Central showed up with its usually sound bit. The Blue screen showed up when I put it on a channel with snow, the Pause Bar showed up and Guide showed up too. I don’t know if there’s a problem with the decoder or what ever decodes the Tv, because it was still able to tell that channel 0 was snow and gave me the Blue screen instead of just staying black like all the other channels. When in Standby mode channels showed up on my Tv. I don't know how it works but i'm guessing if theres a problem with the decoder then wouldn't there have been the same black screen on my Tv instead of it working properley during Standby, because i thought it still decodes the Tv in Standby. After restarting it, it was back to normal. Does anyone have a clue what would have caused this to happen, were everything else projects fine execept Tv?? :confused: :confused:
    Thanks

BTW it's a Humax T2500 1 Year and almost 1 moth old.

2. litzdog911

litzdog911 TechKnow Guide

Oct 18, 2002
    Mill Creek,...
    Try actually rebooting the DVR, not just standby .... disconnect power, wait 30-sec, reconnect power. See if that helps.

3. CKY

CKY New Member

Oct 9, 2005
    Thats exactly what i did last night, i restated Tivo and it fixed it.

I was just hoping it's not a hardware problem. That's why i was wondering what would cause this to happen and then restarting it would fix it. Any suggestions would be nice for what casued it.

Hope it's just a glitch and not a hardware issue. :( :( :( (Finger's Crossed) :( :(

Thanks