No thread for The Two Cories?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by scooterboy, Aug 1, 2007.

1. Aug 1, 2007 #1 of 25
    scooterboy

scooterboy Coney Island Small

Mar 27, 2001
    East...
    I watched Episode 1, saving episode 2.

Looks like Feldman has his life pretty together (wife seems nice), and Haim is still mentally 15 years old.

Hilarity ensues.

2. Aug 1, 2007 #2 of 25
    NatasNJ

NatasNJ Bone marrow lover!

Jan 7, 2002
    Philly
    The thing is Feldman is a NUT JOB. This show is not showing that half which is disappointing. If you ever watched the Surreal Life with Corey Feldman you would know what I mean. He is much of a nut as Corey Haim. Hate the wife and she should NOT be involved in this show.

Can't wait for Lostboys 2. :)

3. Aug 1, 2007 #3 of 25
    dimented

dimented Comfortably Numb TCF Club

May 21, 2003
    Somewhere...
    That is because it is all scripted. They were on O&A last week talking about how it is scripted and how every episode has a good message by the end.

4. Aug 1, 2007 #4 of 25
    daperlman

daperlman check the rhime

Jan 25, 2002
    Southeast
    I vaguely remember that he was a really sensitive vegan type. Haim still looks like an ackward teen - made the preview look funny

5. Aug 1, 2007 #5 of 25
    JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    I think he looks together compared to Haim. The 1st episode looked pretty scripted.

6. Aug 8, 2007 #6 of 25
    Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    Hate the wife.

I think Feldman looks better than he did as an awckward teen. He looks polished and cleaned-up, while Haim looks like a vagrant.

7. Aug 8, 2007 #7 of 25
    scottykempf

scottykempf New Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Horrible show. Very scripted, scene with the PETA lady felt too conincidental.

8. Aug 8, 2007 #8 of 25
    jgerry

jgerry save vinyl

Aug 29, 2001
    Atlanta,...
    I've already stooped to watching a reality TV show. If you're going to actually insult me further by creating a very obviously scripted show, well, I'm out! My brother and I were checking it out and wanted it to be funny, but it's just unwatchable because of the scripting.

The wife is annoying. And good lord, could she possibly get bigger balloons shoved into her chest? Gross. Seriously. I'm a man, and I love boobs, but those are nasty.

9. Aug 8, 2007 #9 of 25
    marksman

marksman ID-10-T

Mar 4, 2002
    Yeah it is weird. For the first half of their exile and then same, it was always Feldman who was the wilder one. The one with the problems the drug issues and the rest.

This show is painting him as some kind of saint who is helping out his friend who has hit rock bottom.

10. hc130radio

hc130radio Active Member

Sep 16, 2004
    Rockwall TX
    I wonder if Feldman can still rock out some Michael Jackson moves like the old days...

11. AJRitz

AJRitz Princess Anti-Santa

Mar 25, 2002
    Overland...
    Probably not. Michael isn't around to slip him some "Jesus Juice" to get him started. :cool:

12. TivoFan

TivoFan New Member

Feb 22, 2000
    Northampton, MA
    I heard that Corey was on a radio show somewhere and was referring to his "character". The impression that I get is that they are just making up his life so that there is some drama for the show.

13. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    Both Coreys are listed (separately) as Executive Producers are the show. That says something.

14. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    My SP didn't pick up the premiere, it picked up some kind of special setting up the premise of the show. I finally caught the premiere and it was horrible. I can totally see it's scripted. I think the following shows were better, but the first one was terrible.

15. JFriday

JFriday "Just The Facts"

Mar 20, 2002
    Bay Area
    They made a mistake on this weekends episode. At the end of the show Feldman notices that the other Cory's girl is wearing a ring on her necklace. He asks her about it and she said she's had it for about 5 minutes. If you go back and look at her coming through security at the airport she has the same ring already on her necklace.

16. Fofer

Fofer Bo55man69

Oct 29, 2000
    Maybe she's a pathological liar.

17. Havana Brown

Havana Brown Ring Turner

Feb 3, 2005
    Your...
    "Corey Haim used to love eating lobster and pizza — but hated looking in the mirror. Less than a year ago, he weighed 285 pounds, had a 48-inch waist and shopped in big and tall stores.

“I didn’t like the way I felt,” says Corey. “I freaked out.” Needing a drastic change, the former teen idol, who starred in hits like 1986’s Lucas and 1987’s The Lost Boys, started exercising — he did 500 pushups daily and played Ultimate Frisbee five times a day.

He also fasted with a cayenne pepper diet — drinking four glasses of water with lemon, chai, pepper and maple syrup per day. In 10 months, he dropped 130 pounds. “I’ve lost all the weight I want to,” Corey, who’s 5′8″, says."

Yuck.

I just read an article that says that Feldman and his wife Suzie have a 2 YO son, but they opted to leave him out of the show.

18. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    Have you seen Dog the Bounty Hunter's wife? Susie Feldman has nice melons, IMHO.

19. betts4

betts4 I am Spartacus!

Dec 26, 2005
    A Galaxy...
    Double yuck. :eek: But I can't imagine losing weight playing frisbee.

20. getreal

getreal postcrastinator

Sep 29, 2003
    Earth
    I thought she said five MONTHS.

I just watched about three episodes in a row this morning on A&E. I was surprised to sorta' like it. Like Family Jewels. Didn't expect to like that one either. But I don't go out of my way to catch either of them. If I stumble across it and there's nothing else on, I'll stay with either of them now.

But I agree that my impression of Feldman was that he was a druggie, in & out of jail/rehab, and am surprised at the way he is portrayed on this show. Also, that Haim is such a loser and so dependent on Feldman, while adding stress to the Feldmans' marriage. But then, that is obviously part of the storyline.

From what I've seen so far, Feldman keeps complaining that he's not getting laid by his wife, and Haim keeps interrupting any attempts they have at canoodling ... why don't the two Corey's just hook up with each other and get it out of their systems? :D