No sound

Discussion in 'TiVo Stream 4K' started by breadman6.1, Sep 10, 2020.

1. breadman6.1

breadman6.1 New Member

Sep 10, 2020

Advertisements

When using a Yamaha AV with Kodi on the Tivo 4k I have no sound if the video is in Dolby DTS. I have to uncheck the pass through to get sound. How can that be corrected?

2. dbpaddler

dbpaddler Active Member

Sep 25, 2004
    Philly
    What are your audio settings on the tsk? Someone posted in another thread about dts issues with kodi and plex.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

3. breadman6.1

breadman6.1 New Member

Sep 10, 2020
    I have all sound settings enabled on both the Tivo an Kodi (Version 18.8}. On Kodi I also have the passthrough enabled. With a Firestick I have no problem.

4. BabyCarrot

BabyCarrot New Member

Sep 15, 2020
    I also got this issue recently. It used to work flawless. Not sure if the new update 4896 caused this issue. I'm using Kodi and VLC, setting passthrough in system and apps. It has no sound when playing DTS and Dolby. Receiver DTS/Dolby indicator doesn't light up.

5. breadman6.1

breadman6.1 New Member

Sep 10, 2020

Advertisements

The DTS never worked. The only time I have DTS audio is if I uncheck the passthrough in Kodi.

6. BabyCarrot

BabyCarrot New Member

Sep 15, 2020
    Mine used to work very well. I highly doubt the new update 4896 caused this issue.

7. breadman6.1

breadman6.1 New Member

Sep 10, 2020
    Like I posted earlier. With the Firestick I have no problem. I like somethings about the Tivo. The only thing is the audio.