No sound on a few channels?

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by DiGNAN17, Jul 18, 2007.

1. DiGNAN17

DiGNAN17 New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Greetings!

I humbly apologize if this has been hashed over before. I did several searches and couldn't turn up anything, but my search-foo is weak on this BBS system. Sorry about that!

Just yesterday I had my Series 3 set up and I am SOOO happy. I'm on FIOS, so I'm using two cablecards. For the most part, everything is working absolutely perfectly. I receive all the channels I signed up for, and I'm getting my HD programming (*drooool*).

My problem is an odd one: a few random channels have no sound at all. The only one I can remember at the moment is ESPN (I'm not at home right now). The odd part is that my receiver indicates that it's getting information on every channel, but I can't hear anything at all.

Any ideas?

2. BruceShultes

BruceShultes Member

Oct 2, 2006
    Albany, NY
    How long were you listening to ESPN.

I have been losing sound on it intermittently for about two months.

This happens on my S3, SA8300HD, D* HR10-250 and D* HR20-700, so I believe that the problem is with ESPN.

I have also noticed that this only seems to happen when they are showing a remote event. I have had no audio problems with any shows from their own studio (SportsCenter, PTI, etc.).

3. DiGNAN17

DiGNAN17 New Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Everyone: I apologize. I return, tail between my legs, and very ashamed by my brief lapse of home theater troubleshooting.

You see, I just moved in with my wife (newlyweds), and I am not completely set up yet. I'd only moved the left and right speakers and the sub over to my new place. Well, apparently ESPN puts extremely little sound out to any channel but the center, and since my receiver was still set up for a 5.1 channel setup, I ended up with no sound.

D'OH!

Again, my apologies for wasting everyone's time.

I just want to add that I love the S3. It's fantastic. And I haven't gotten much time in with it yet, but FIOS seems to be the best service provider available for HD programming (at least right this minute - hopefully they'll be able to match DTV's huge number of HD channels in the future).