No Skip Mode on Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by BTDFXD, Jul 30, 2020.

1. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007

Advertisements

Unit is new/refurb Bolt 3 tb just recently hooked up to Spectrum Digital cable in Eastern North Carolina. Unit shipped with TE 4 and I successfully switched to TE 3. After a weeks+ of use it dawned on me that I have never seen a show with skip mode in My Shows or “press D to advance” when watching a show. Have the same TiVo unit TE 3 at another residence and it works fine (provider is not Spectrum). Any ideas/suggestions appreciated.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Tonight record The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon. It hasn't missed SM for a while. You might watch the Closed Captions. If they are bad SM won't work.

3. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Thanks, set up recording as suggested. I also checked cc and it seems to be working fine.

4. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    To check more, try recording L&O: SVU also. They are recent repeats.

5. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

Last night's Fallon had generic metadata, so it wasn't on the "to do" list for SM. Both repeats of SVU has SM.

6. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Thanks, thought I had tonight show set up for last night but it appears I set it for tonight. Leaving tomorrow am so will probably futz with it when I am back in Sept. thanks for the help!

7. BTDFXD

BTDFXD Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Back at the beach and raising this issue again in hope of ideas. I have a TiVo refurb Bolt 3 gb that I received with TE 4. I successfully went back to TE 3. To the best of my knowledge, the box has never recorded a show and offered skip mode. It's like it doesn’t exist. Cable provider is Spectrum Eastern Carolina w/tuning adapter and M card. Any ideas/suggestions? Is it possible/advise able to reload TE3? Thanks for any help

8. davecochran19

davecochran19 New Member

Jan 20, 2005
    I have the same problem. My Bolt was replaced with a factory refurb unit. The new unit has never recorded a show and offered SM as the old unit did.