No Signal

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by mojo_13, Jun 23, 2016.

1. mojo_13

mojo_13 New Member

Aug 29, 2013

Advertisements

I recently moved and went to setup my Mini in our master bedroom. I plugged it in and saw the Tivo man, then shortly after that the screen goes to a moving "no signal!" all over the screen. Won't take me to any other screens but this. Just wondering if anyone knows why this is and/or where I could start trying to figure it out. It worked perfectly a week ago before we moved and now nothing. Thanks for any and all help.

2. CCourtney

CCourtney Member

Mar 28, 2006
    El Dorado...
    I don't believe the Mini puts out a 'No Signal' message. Instead it puts out Error Messages for network issues, or something along the lines of cannot acquire tuner.

That said, my first suspect would be network. It needs to get DHCP and DNS access from your router or it won't do anything.

Are you connecting over MoCA or Ethernet. If MoCA, then what's providing the MoCA connection - MoCA Adapter or another TiVo.

If it's another TiVo, do you have wired ethernet going to it right now? Is it still configured to provide MoCA, are you able to access web-based functionality on it currently?

Basically, tell use everything you can about your TiVo and Networking setup ;)

3. mojo_13

mojo_13 New Member

Aug 29, 2013
    That's good to know that the Mini won't put that out. I will try to run an ethernet cord to a switch I know is working and see if it will start up. I am actually using MoCa right now and have the coax screwed directly to the Mini. But I guess I am not 100% sure that that is working at this time. Thanks for the tips and if I can't figure it out I will be back with more info. Appreciate the place to start looking.

4. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    My first suspect is the TV, is everything connected properly? Are you on the correct input?

5. fcfc2

fcfc2 Well-Known Member

Feb 19, 2015

Advertisements

That "no signal" banner is coming from your TV not the mini. It sounds like the mini is loosing the HDMI connection somewhere as it boots up. Many devices temporarily drop the HDMI connection as they go through their booting process but the later regain the connection. The first thing I would try was leave the mini alone for a minute or 2, then turn the TV off and on, see if it shows up then. If not try another HDMI cable or a different port on the TV.