No signal -Tivo Bolt

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by X-RaySpecs, Aug 21, 2019.

1. X-RaySpecs

X-RaySpecs New Member

Dec 9, 2017
    I am continually having an issue where when I turn on the TV/Tivo and it says no signal. I have an LG OLED TV with HDMI connection to my Tivo Bolt. If I unplug the Tivo power supply and let it reboot, it will then work, but if I come back a day or two later, same issue. The problem started basically when I got the Tivo nearly 2 years ago, but it didn't happen very frequently. It kept getting worse (more frequent) and after a call to Tivo support I eventually paid a fee to have a replacement box sent. I got the new/replacement box set up and am having the same issue!!!

Additional info:
    I have a Tivo mini on another LG OLED and that one always works just fine. The issue only occurs on the TV with the main box.

The TV with the mini used to be hooked to the main box and had the same issue. That TV now has no issues while using the mini.

I can watch TV via the mini on the other TV even when the main box/TV says "no signal."

2. ThAbtO

ThAbtO TiVoholic by the bay TCF Club

Apr 6, 2000
    SF Bay Area
    The problem may be the power saving mode and the v21+ software. If you can get it to be able to see the Tivo menu, whether you restart it or not, turn off the power saving mode, and also standby should not be used. v21/Hydra is pretty buggy when you need it to work.

3. snerd

snerd Well-Known Member

Jun 6, 2008
    I'm having a similar issue on the Bolt VOX that I got through the Summer Breeze sale. I'm running TE3 with power saving off. Sometimes the TV (Sharp LC-70LE650U) wakes normally, other times there is no signal from the Bolt. Unplugging the HDMI cable and plugging it back in wakes up the Bolt, but that is a big PITA. I've found from trial/error that turning off the TV, waiting 10 seconds, then turning the TV back on usually gets a signal after 2 or 3 tries. Very annoying.