No signal, then a signal

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by HarleyRandom, Oct 7, 2020.

1. HarleyRandom

HarleyRandom Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

This is just plain weird. I have trouble with the station I was trying to record, but it is still usually the station that is on when I turn on the TV. I was going to watch the show I was recording, which I don't always remember to do. So I did, and there was no signal. I went to the listings and found the show I was trying to record, and I don't even remember what I did, but I was able to watch the show until another show was recording in a few minutes. I got a warning that the channel needed to be changed, which is weird because I was already on the right channel. Or was I? When the TV was changed to the channel to be recorded, no signal. I checked and the show was in fact recording, with a perfect or almost perfect signal.

2. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    If your setup includes a tuning adapter, try rebooting it.

3. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    This is an antenna.

4. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    reboot the TiVo.
    Would be worth while to check the antenna connections.

5. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015

Advertisements

It seems to be recording just fine, which is what counts. The main reason I'd want live TV is to check the signal to make sure it is recording, because sometimes the antenna needs to be moved. But there 's no reason why live TV should be giving me "no signal".

6. LarryAtHome

LarryAtHome Active Member

Feb 18, 2008
    Do you have multiple channel entries of the same channel? Maybe one is the current channel and another is no longer active as it moved to the new channel and therefore has no signal.

7. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    They did repack and I wondered if that was causing my problems so I rescanned and all was fine, but that was months ago. There are two tuners but the other one is supposedly on the one dependable channel. This channel doesn't always do well (especially if a car is passing, when it happens), but the other one rarely has problems.

I just turned it on, and no signal and no information whatsoever. The show is called "To be announced". I go to the listings, find the show I want to watch, and where it says "Watch live" I select that and all is fine.

8. HarleyRandom

Sep 17, 2015
    Here's what I did last night. I thought about how I had two tuners and I turned the TV on. It was on the correct station. I went to listings and selected Jimmy Kimmel and "Watch live". I don't know what will happen the next time I record, but we'll see.