No Signal on Satellite 2 but I Have a Signal of 90

Discussion in 'DirecTV TiVo Powered PVRs & Receivers' started by Onazuka, Apr 23, 2007.

1. Onazuka

Onazuka New Member

Sep 22, 2001
    Maryland

Advertisements

I have thad this problem for a few months, maybe after starting after a software upgrade. I get a blank screen on one tuner saying somthing like No Signal on Satellite 2. I then go to the satellite signal test screen, I see the both sat 1 and sat 2 have about a 90 signal strength, I exit back to live TV and now the channel is working fine with sat 2. This is getting to be a pain because it's like every couple of days I get this message when trying to watch something and I have to go to the signal strength screen and then back to live TV to be able to watch it.

I haven't missed any recordings yet so it's like the software knows the satellite is working but it occasioally won't display sat 2 signal on the screen. Any suggestions on how to fix this or is this just the next round of PITA isses with this HR210-250 ?

2. JimSpence

JimSpence Just hangin'

Sep 19, 2001
    Binghamton, NY
    The first thing to do is check all cables and connections.
    Then see if things change after swapping the Sat In 1 and 2 inputs.
    And, check signal strengths on all transponders on all satellites to see if there is a pattern.

Oh yeah, do a restart. :)

3. eddie_bowers

eddie_bowers New Member

Aug 28, 2003
    I have seen something similar (or the same) on mine as well.
    The major thing I see is that if I restart the machine I get an error that the sat info could not be downloaded. If I configure it for one input it gets past that point fine and then once i'm up and running I can enable the other input (I always get 90 or better on both inputs).
    This is something that just started a little over a month ago.

-Eddie

4. tww

tww New Member

Oct 16, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    I see this when a Suggested recording is going on. I do not have the Hi-Def package but the tuner changes channel to those channels and tries to record. I also still have the old 3-LNB dish - that is the main reason I imagine.

5. Church AV Guy

Church AV Guy Active Member

Jan 19, 2005
    high desert...

Advertisements

This could be a multiswitch going out, or just a bad cable seat. I too recommend you swap the inputs and see if the problem follows the cable.

6. TyroneShoes

TyroneShoes HD evangelist

Sep 6, 2004
    I concur. If a MS is intermittent, that would explain "it's gone, now it's back" (sometimes it switches, sometimes it doesn't).

7. swag

swag Tivo Junkie

Jul 25, 2006
    Alexandria, VA
    I had this happen once.
    My multiswitch is powered so I unplugged the power, waited, and plugged the power back in.
    Seems to have fixed the problem for me.