No Search, No VCM Connections

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by JoeKustra, Oct 27, 2017.

1. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...

Advertisements

I stumbled onto my problem when I went to use Search for South Park. When I entered SO, the first enry was SOA. Weird, since that FX show was not current. Then I found that nothing displayed with Search was available. I did a quick restart and the next thing I see is a C133 error. I couldn't reach the TiVo servers. This happened on Thursday, at the same time others reported server problems. My issue was a bad Ethernet cable. I discovered that because my Roamio dropped into WiFi mode. But I still had no Search.

Checking System Information I found that my VCM Connections were failing. They still are. I can still record, get SM on the recordings, and no guide problems. My connection this morning extends me to 11/8 in System Info.

I have done many things. All I have not done is a C&DE. That will be next. Also, in case you don't know, I have two basic Roamio, a Premiere and four Mini boxes. Only one Roamio has a problem. Of course, the Mini that uses this Roamio as the host also has no Search ability. With TiVo Online, this Roamio will stick with a BSC if I try Search. The other Roamio will show South Park on top if I enter SO into Search. I can view the guides, My Shows, and TDL on both boxes from Online.

Any insights before I wipe the box? This has been posted before, but it "fixed itself".

2. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    I have a Roamio OTA that occasionally gets C133 after coming back from standby. There is a broken network check somewhere that causes the box to think the network is down, but connects to mothership work and all network tests work. I can always get it corrected by putting the unit in standby and waking up. I think the UI thinks the network is down, but the underlying network is otherwise fine

I searched on this unit and it comes back with south park.

TiVo service level is C:111017 TiVoToGo is a,a,a,a and VCMs were recently successful.

I mention this mainly because of the C133 error. I've seen it pop up regularly after 20.7.4.RC2 but almost never before. C133 might only be coincidentally related to your VCM problem, though it could also be more directly related.

JoeKustra likes this.
  3. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Thanks. I have more to play with. One time a restart gave me a service level of A: and no entry in TiVo Central for Search & Manage. That was scary.

4. sfhub

sfhub Well-Known Member

Jan 6, 2007
    Hmm, I wonder if there is some account issue. I remember reading about someone with a new Bolt that would be at service level C then it would switch to service level A (and become deactivated) I know it would be low on the list of things to look at because your unit presumably has been working fine for a while.

5. ajwees41

ajwees41 Well-Known Member

May 7, 2006
    Omaha,NE

Advertisements

the tivo servers down last night for awhile i wounder if if this is because of that?

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I saw. I guess I have bad timing. This box is about three years old and has been working perfectly about 18 hours every day. I accumulate prime time all week the squat on weekends to catch up. But like I said, I have another box (with 3TB) that records stuff I usually save for dry spells. I can replace the hard drive if a C&DE fails since I still have my old 500GB. This 1TB has been great for over two years. I also did try Standby, but no change.

It seems I'm not alone with the failing VCM Connection -> Running out of guide data

7. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    The story is over. Post 21 shows how it ended. -> Running out of guide data

I spoke too soon. Anyone know how to really clear out everything on a Roamio?

Doing a Clear & Delete Everything doesn't.

Changing the hard drive doesn't.

Pulling the 3V 2032 battery doesn't.

I'm ok on VCM Connections now, but search of anything fails, as does browse TV & Movies. I'm not so sure it's my Roamio, but why just one of the two I use?

Last edited: Oct 30, 2017