No screensaver in Pandora?

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by JosephB, Dec 29, 2011.

1. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    So I just got a Premiere, and so far so good. I do notice a problem, and that's in the Pandora app there's no screensaver. Is this right? I have a plasma TV and this basically renders Pandora useless. I let it run for an entire song and nothing ever changed on the screen. At least flip stuff around or something.

2. mmf01

mmf01 Member

Jan 31, 2011
    Orange...
    There is a screensaver, it just takes a while to kick in. I don't recall how long, but after a few songs w/o any interaction, it should kick in with the album cover art moving across the screen.

3. steve614

steve614 what ru lookin at?

May 1, 2006
    Dallas, TX
    IIRC, it takes longer than one song for the screen to time out and put up the screensaver.
    Allow Pandora to run at least 10 minutes and see if the screensaver comes up. If it doesn't, THEN you know you have a problem.

4. JosephB

JosephB Member

Nov 19, 2010
    Atlanta, GA
    Longer than one song is too long. It should kick in after no more than like 20-30 seconds of inactivity from the remote

5. Arcady

Arcady Stargate Fan

Oct 14, 2004
    Philadelphia...
    You're not gonna get burn-in after 10 minutes. Do you have a burned-in NBC logo after watching one episode of a show on that channel?

6. aaronwt

aaronwt UHD Addict

Jan 31, 2002
    Northern...
    I'd rather not have any screen saver. But they should probably have an option for people. I certainly would not want it to kick in so quick though. But I like having what is playing on the screen. Any current TV that is still prone to burn in is not going to have an issue with a static creen fro ten minutes. Even my old RP HD CRT set ten years ago wouldn't have had an issue with a static screen for ten minutes.(or even an hour or longer)

7. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    If you don't do anything with the remote :)up:,:thumbsdown:, etc.) it will go to screen saver during the second song.

Good Luck,

8. atmuscarella

atmuscarella Well-Known Member

Oct 11, 2005
    Rochester NY
    The Premieres screen saver is the song/album floating around your screen so you can still tell what is playing. Any use of the remote brings you back to the info screen without any issues. My TiVo HD has issues going into and back out of the screen saver (sound blip) so that does really bother me, my original Series 3 HD works just fine also. I actually just turn my TV off if I am going to listen for any period of time.

9. angel35

angel35 New Member

Nov 5, 2004
    NEW YORK CITY
    You are right the banner moves all around the screen :cool::up:. Works!!!!!!!:up:

10. TerpBE

TerpBE Go Terps!

Jan 23, 2003
    Philly 'burbs
    Are you actually using your TV speakers, or a stereo system? If you're not using the TV speakers, I'd just turn off the TV once Pandora is running.