NO PROGRAM GUIDE

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by mattyro7878, Jan 15, 2017.

1. Jan 15, 2017 #1 of 442
    mattyro7878

mattyro7878 Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT

Advertisements

Woke up today after using Premiere and all its features last night. today no program guide, but everything else works. if it didnt connect, (which it did an 3:22am) I would only be short a day. anybody else?

2. Jan 15, 2017 #2 of 442
    HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Try forcing another service connection. Did you get an update last night?

Scott

3. Jan 15, 2017 #3 of 442
    mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I got no update but I did have a successfull "call home". AND...anywhere else info is expected, it is there. right arrow- info for both tuners/ info button-works normally. all thats gone is guide info- say "to be announced on the left and completely blank on the right side. this is the T ivo Live Guide HD. I am forcing a connection zipped right to "preparing to load", I thought it was gonna get stuck like the Bolts were doing but I am now on "loading" and it is at 13% so ...we shall see!!!

Last edited: Jan 15, 2017
  4. Jan 15, 2017 #4 of 442
    mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    just called home succesfully---no program guide. maybe low def guide? i doubt it

5. Jan 15, 2017 #5 of 442
    Ljutic Driver

Ljutic Driver New Member

Jan 15, 2017

Advertisements

Restart Tivo. Has been an issue for me since 20.6.3 was rolled out. I get TBA about once a week, and a restart always restores the guide. My guess is the data gets corrupted after the call home.

twdix likes this.
  6. Jan 15, 2017 #6 of 442
    randywalters

randywalters AVS Old Timer

Oct 21, 2003
    El Segundo,...
    I agree, just Restart it - that should fix it.

Sometime after the big Rovi guide upgrade back in Sept my Premiere started randomly losing guide data (never ever happened before that). The first time i searched TCF and googled what to do and saw various recommendations ranging from forcing a connection to replacing the hard drive. I think it was the 2nd TBA where i ended up doing Clear Program Data & To Do List, then Re-Ran Guided Setup it and that restored my guide data for a while, but it didn't fix the core issue. The 3rd time i got TBA i went straight to Restart and that worked every time ever since. No sense in re-running GS etc as that doesn't seem to prevent it from happening again. And again.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2017
  7. Jan 17, 2017 #7 of 442
    zoomzoom71

zoomzoom71 New Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Jax, FL
    I hope someone figures this out to be a larger issue. I restarted my TiVo box less than 24 hours ago, and it's already giving me the TBA again. It's been intermittently doing this for a few months, now.

8. Jan 18, 2017 #8 of 442
    jtmal0723

jtmal0723 Member

Aug 6, 2008
    Pennsauken,...
    I was having the same issues myself for several days. It wasn't fully exclusive to the Guide itself. Sometimes when I watched a recording from that day, it would show the title of it, then it would switch to a title which would be normal for a manual recording which no guide data existed (something like "Rec: 806 WPVIDT 01:00PM-02:00PM" or something like that). What I wound up doing was doing a "Clear To-Do List and Guide Data" wipe through the Help menu. I then did 2 full service connections afterwards. My Guide has been acting fine for the past few hours, my To-Do list repopulated itself, and my recordings retain their titles when watching them. I'll let you guys know if issues recur.

9. Jan 18, 2017 #9 of 442
    mattyro7878

Nov 27, 2014
    Southern CT
    I am the op and a restart along with a cablecard out/in solved my problem....for now

10. Jan 20, 2017 #10 of 442
    randywalters

Oct 21, 2003
    El Segundo,...
    I haven't had to fiddle with my CableCard, a simple restart restored my guide data.

twdix likes this.
  11. Jan 22, 2017 #11 of 442
    mthomtech

mthomtech New Member

May 3, 2010
    Same issue as OP for me. I recently removed Cable Card and went to Antenna, reran Guided Setup and all was good. Last week, the Guide went to To Be Announced on all channels, but when viewing the shows, or in the information for the channel, sometime the information was fine. Scheduled recordings and To Do list looked fine, but trying to record anything from live gives an error. Restart cleared everything up, but tonight, the Guide is back to having no info.

12. Jan 30, 2017 #12 of 442
    zoomzoom71

zoomzoom71 New Member

Sep 7, 2013
    Jax, FL
    I went 6 days after my last restart before getting the TBA's again. This is just lovely... /s

13. Feb 2, 2017 #13 of 442
    PascalC

PascalC New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I am having the same problem. I get a TBA approximately every week. Restart solves the problem. The issue started maybe 2 months ago.

14. Feb 9, 2017 #14 of 442
    Troamer

Troamer New Member

Jan 20, 2009
    I 'm losing program guide everyday now its starting to become annoying.

15. Feb 9, 2017 #15 of 442
    PascalC

PascalC New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Contacted TiVo. They claim there is no widespread issues! We need to keep reporting the problems until they fix the software.

Troamer likes this.
  16. Feb 15, 2017 #16 of 442
    forum1

forum1 TiVo user since 2000

May 24, 2011
    I called TiVo support today and the rep I spoke with confirmed that both this and the My Shows sort order setting reverting after a day or two are known issues that they are working on. For me both issues started after a software update a couple months ago.

Mikeguy likes this.
  17. Feb 16, 2017 #17 of 442
    PascalC

PascalC New Member

Feb 2, 2017
    I agree with the timing, this is also when I saw the problem first. On my bad system, I have FIOS and I also used an external antenna. I think the OTA guide screwed things up. I shut that down and did not loose the TV guide for more than a week now, a record for me!

18. Feb 16, 2017 #18 of 442
    forum1

forum1 TiVo user since 2000

May 24, 2011
    Thanks for the info on your setup PascalC. Indeed, my unit with the problem has both CableCARD (Verizon FiOS) and OTA antenna inputs in use. My other unit with just cable has not exhibited the problem.

While I was on the phone with TiVo support they indicated they were performing a remote diagnostic on my system with the problem, so presumably that gave them all the data they need to confirm it is the same known issue they are working on. Of course they didn't volunteer any details regarding OTA being a factor, so again, thanks for that. If I had the time to think about it I probably would have come to the same conclusion, but frankly I'm quite jaded when it comes to TiVo problems. If it weren't for another family member getting frustrated by this I may have never even bothered looking on the forum or calling support.

19. Feb 16, 2017 #19 of 442
    WS65711

WS65711 OTA + Charter Cable

Feb 16, 2017
    SE Louisiana
    I have been seeing this issue on all 4 of my Premiers since early January. I have Charter cable and CableCards, and two of the TiVo's are connected to an antenna as well.

This is what I suspect is happening, and it seems to be related to channel lineup changes.. Charter in my area seems to be changing my channel lineup lately with minor insignificant additions and deletions, to the tune of about once every week or 10 days. In past years this was never an issue, but recently it seems like every time the lineup changes and I am presented with the message about it from the TiVo box, within 24 hours after acknowledging the message MY GUIDE IS FILLED WITH "NO LISTINGS". It doesn't lose network connectivity, the last connection to the mothership is always shown as "successful". The Guide will magically be filled with listings immediately after I power down and back up the TiVo.. a procedure that takes about 10-12 minutes. This is happening with ALL 4 of my Premiers.

To those that are saying "just power down and reset the TiVo"... how is the TiVo supposed to record scheduled programming while the Guide is missing before I am able to catch it and do a reset?

20. Feb 19, 2017 #20 of 442
    randywalters

Oct 21, 2003
    El Segundo,...
    I've gotten this TBA thing a half dozen times now but each time it did record my scheduled pre-dawn morning news programs while i slept, despite the Guide saying "To Be Announced". I can't remember it missing any of these recordings. The shows that record during TBA times do have different/generic titles applied to them but the shows were there and i was able watch them (even before doing a Restart to restore data). So it seems the guide data is actually there, and the Tivo knows it, but is being displayed as "To Be Announced" until a restart is done.

The other thread:

Guide keeps reverting to "To Be Announced"