No Premium Channels on XFinity

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by Roger F Sipson, Mar 28, 2020.

1. Roger F Sipson

Roger F Sipson New Member

Jan 11, 2020
    Our community has a bulk contract with XFinity. I used to be able to get premium channels like Starz and HBO on my all Tivo system. The only XFinity equipment I have is one cable card. Today they told me that I can not add premium channels to my home unless I get rid of my Bolt and three minis. They claim that the signal to the community is an old type of signal and they would have to upgrade the entire Community. I can get regular channels now. What's UP???

2. PSU_Sudzi

PSU_Sudzi Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2015
    Philly suburbs
    Sounds like they migrated the premium channels in your community to IPTV. Comcast is slowly going to do this with their whole network, who knows how long it will take. In my area some channels are now IP only but not the premiums.

3. KevTech

KevTech Active Member

Apr 15, 2014
    Or it could be the complex downgraded their service with Comcast to save money.

In my moms complex the manager downgraded the service with Comcast and now she does not get any premium or HD channels.

Comcast said she could get the HD back if she wanted to pay for it separately but the received channels are controlled by what the complex is paying for.

4. dishrich

dishrich Active Member

Jan 16, 2002
    Springfield, IL
    OR...it could (MOST likely) be the CSR the OP talked to was full of $^&t...which IS nothing new! At minimum, regardless of his complex, if he is already getting non-premium channels fine, then at at minimum he should also be able to get at least the primary feeds of premium channels as well, as those have NOT migrated to IP-only. (assuming the OP can actually add additional services like premiums, to his current bulk basic service; most bulk arrangements like this, allow those subs to do that, as the cable co. really doesn't want to loose $$$ on subs that DO want to pay them for services above what's in the bulk package)
    I'd try another CSR, or go on DSLR to the Comcast Direct forum & post a thread re: this, as they have Comcast employees that look at those private threads & do solve problems:
    Comcast Direct forum | DSLReports, ISP Information

chiguy50 likes this.
  5. chiguy50

chiguy50 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2009
    Atlanta, GA
    Who is "they"--a Comcast CSR or a community rep? Either way, I believe dishrich's post below is spot-on. Your Comcast-supplied CableCARD can be provisioned to receive the premium channels; you just need to add them to your residential Comcast account just as you presumably did when you got the CableCARD.

Any equipment or subscription services on your residential account are separate from and additional to the bulk-services arrangements. However, as a bulk-services recipient you should be entitled to discounts and special pricing that takes into account the community's ongoing agreement (e.g., for expanded channel packs or service bundles).

I recommend that you call the dedicated bulk community support center at (1-866-694-9415) for help. The last time I checked, calls had been shunted to an overseas location due to the pandemic, but the CSR's there have been trained to provide the appropriate assistance.

Amen to all of that!