No Premium Channels after HD Replacement

Discussion in 'TiVo Bolt DVR/Streamer' started by Bombola, May 7, 2021.

1. Bombola

Bombola Member

Dec 7, 2016

Advertisements

After 3 years got flashing lights of death. I successfully replaced HD and fan. Booted right up and connected all three minis. But no premium channels. Screen said to contact provider. Rebooted tuning adapter and still no love. Spectrum is out of answers.

Any suggestions?

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Did you contact Spectrum to ensure that the CableCARD was re-paired with the unit? And whatever pairing process is required for the Tuning Adapter may need to be repeated, as well.

3. Bombola

Bombola Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Yup. Re-pared a number of times. Have some Premium channels but not all. Just traded for another tuning adapter. This one pops up that it does not support multiple tuners.

4. cannonz

cannonz Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Maybe the image is corrupt.

5. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA

Advertisements

When you re-paired, did you ask that they first unpair it? This is a common problem. the symptom definitely sounds like a cable card issue. You shouldn’t have swapped TAs because now it sounds like you have one that is either not provisioned or has outdated firmware. You’ll have to call and see if they can fix it by sending a refresh or get another one that works.

PSU_Sudzi and krkaufman like this.
  6. Bombola

Bombola Member

Dec 7, 2016
    I specifically asked them to unpair and re pair. They claim they did. Now they say it’s a tweak to the signal and need to come out and see. I guess that means the image is corrupt. Last two people they sent out never worked on TiVo before.

UCLABB likes this.
  7. UCLABB

UCLABB Well-Known Member

May 29, 2012
    Riverside, CA
    There is no image to be corrupt, that advice was bogus. I misread your OP as I now note you get some premium channels. If your Spectrum system is like mine, the main premium channel is not SDV and I can get it without the TA. The other premium channels need the TA. Have you noticed some other channels that you should get that are also unavailable because they are SDV? So, now I suspect that your problem is simply the TA. It needs to be properly provisioned at the head end. I'm not sure about the error message you are receiving. Could be a TA with old firmware. Hopefully the truck roll will bring another provisioned TA to try.

8. Bombola

Bombola Member

Dec 7, 2016
    Gotcha. Won’t find out for a month because it is in a second home.