No Ordinary Family 3/26/11

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by Azlen, Mar 27, 2011.

1. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    Saw a recording on my Tivo and thought it was a typical Saturday night rerun that the Tivo picked up but it was actually a new episode. Doesn't look good for the prospects of the show if they're showing new episodes on a Saturday night. I would also be willing to bet that it's going to end in an unresolved cliff hanger.

2. Kamakzie

Kamakzie Are you serious bro?

Jan 7, 2004
    MI
    Supposed to be back Tuesday April 5th. This next Tuesday appears to be some Dancing With The Stars stuff.

3. gastrof

gastrof Hubcaps r in fashion

Oct 31, 2003
    Potato and pen.
    Since my machines are unsubbed, I almost missed this, and it was a pivotal episode. So nice they scheduled it when nobody would know. Just happened to notice it in last night's listings. Glad I did.

Think I read that Stephen Collins is a little "eh" about the show being renewed. Too bad. Even if they moved it to Saturday mornings I'd try to keep up.

4. JYoung

JYoung Series 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Los Angeles
    The show's ratings have been pretty bad for the last several weeks and I'd put the show's chances of renewal as slim to none.

It's not good news when your star and Executive Producer Michael Chiklis is actively looking for roles in new pilots.

5. Azlen

Azlen Well-Known Member

Nov 24, 2002
    Peoria, AZ
    I've heard that both he and Julie Benz already have been cast in pilots. Debating if I even want to watch the remaining episodes and deal with an unresolved plot.

6. holee

holee Uncertain

Dec 12, 2000
    Raleigh, NC
    I read that too. Pretty sure that confirms the death for this show.

The early episodes were meh, but the latter few have been okay. This weeks was pretty good, actually.

7. allan

allan Just someone TCF Club

Oct 13, 2002
    Interestingly, even though they mentioned the Saturday ep on the previous preview, I read about it here, and I checked the ToDo to make sure it would record, I STILL forgot about it, until I saw it on my NPL yesterday.

I like the series, like this ep, and plan to watch the season finale. But it does look like it will be a cliffhanger, and that sucks, considering that this might be the series finale. :(

8. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    Since this show theoretically takes place in California, filing a complaint with the state over Chris's unpaid overtime would probably work even better than Daphne mind-controlling the boss.

9. Vendikarr

Vendikarr New Member

Feb 24, 2004
    Given Chris' boss said Chris should feel lucky he gave him the job, I wouldn't be surprised if Chris is being paid off the books and less than minimum wage. If any complaint was filed, Chris would be fired and no one would admit he worked there.

10. megory

megory Advanced TiVoOligan

Jan 22, 2003
    Spectrum,...
    I loved this show in the beginning, but now it has become even more cartoonish, so it's beyond suspending belief. I tend to stop in the middle of shows, then I don't finish watching. That's a subtle hint to me that I don't really like it any more.

Oh well, it was fun for a while.