1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No new guide data

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by ithinkitscharlie1, Sep 12, 2018.

1. ithinkitscharlie1

ithinkitscharlie1 New Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Starting Monday I noticed that the guide was not populating at the end of the guide...it stopped at Saturday 09/22/18 at 7:00pm and just had "To Be Announced" on every channel. I checked again on Tuesday, same missing info plus 09/23 is missing guide data. Checked today and 09/24 is missing. I called Tech Support and they had me do the usual redo the guide setup and connect the network to Tivo with no change. Then they told me to wait another 24 hours to see if it populates. Seems strange this happened after the emails about deactivating the Premiere boxes were sent. They told me no change to my account was made, but can also not tell me why this is happening. Then they say I might need to replace my box, and since they no longer sell Premieres anymore, I would have to upgrade. I asked how much that would cost and they told me they could not say until I have the order placed.

Anyone else having this problem?

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Yes: Daily Guide Updates

Skip to near the end. Please don't call TiVo. It can cause brain damage.

NorthAlabama likes this.
  3. NorthAlabama

NorthAlabama tabasco rules

Apr 19, 2012
    sweet home, al
    tivo customer support should come with a medical disclaimer and release of liability.

4. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    My Bolt is also only showing till Sat.
    My Premiere is showing till Wednesday but everything after Saturday is To Be Announced.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    FYI... TiVo is soliciting feedback on the program guide data via their "TiVo.Innovate" Facebook group, >here<.

Michaela Logan:
    Hi all - happy Friday!

Research/conversation topic for today: How are you feeling about the program guide data lately on your TiVo boxes? I've got some survey data on this, but I want to get a better sense of what people are actually noticing in the field.​

6. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    First time I am sorry I don't use FB.

sharkster likes this.
  7. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Feel free to post your thoughts here and I'll copy/paste 'em across (w/ attribution).

JoeKustra and NorthAlabama like this.
  8. JoeKustra

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    Thanks.
    Michaela Logan:
    Hi all - happy Friday!

Research/conversation topic for today: How are you feeling about the program guide data lately on your TiVo boxes? I've got some survey data on this, but I want to get a better sense of what people are actually noticing in the field.

"Feelings":
    Good news: the web form for lineup changes works. It works better for cable networks but less for OTA and poorly for translators and low-power stations.
    A new program, or a restart of an old program will not be seen in the guide without external influence. Example: CNN's Cuomo Prime Time.
    As for "lately". The guide will change from valid data to "xxx Programming" for no logical reasoning. Saturday football games change to "0 hours, 0 minutes".
    When a program starts a new season, it seldom is reflected in the guide metadata. Recent example: The Late Show with Stephen Colbert.
    End of "Feelings"
    Thanks again.

9. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Conveyed.

10. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Posted (hate the FB message UI - let Enter/Return give you a new line and have a post/send button!). Except for the fact that they would get beat up if they actually posted that question here, you would think they would look at the posts here to get an idea of guide data issues.

Scott

JoeKustra and krkaufman like this.