No more Fox on TW in Green Bay, WI

Discussion in 'TiVo Series3 HDTV DVRs' started by dutchboy22, Oct 3, 2008.

1. dutchboy22

dutchboy22 New Member

May 15, 2006
    Green Bay, WI

Advertisements

Just thought everyone would like to know that Fox is no longer airing on TW in Green Bay, WI. The power struggle continues between the two for Broadcasting. We have never had HD signal for Fox but now the digital broadcast is gone. The problem is that if you don't have an Antenna or DTV, DISH or AT&T you won't be able to get the PACKERS game's. That's right no PACKERS games on Fox in GREEN BAY, WI. What a mess and thank goodness for the antenna.

http://www.myfoxnewisconsin.com/myf...=19&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=1.1.1

2. routerman

routerman New Member

Sep 15, 2006
    Austin, Texas
    NBC in Austin is also off Time Warner. Looks like LIN has stations in several markets that have been pulled due to stalled contract negotiations.

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601103&sid=aLx_sTVLmLro&refer=news

As always, it is a money issue.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    Of course if you have a TiVo HD/S3 you can use cable and OTA at the same time so it's not a huge loss if you can get the signal via OTA.

4. Spiff

Spiff Pawn in game of life

Mar 1, 2004
    Fox Cities,...
    It will make no difference to me. I've been receiving Fox via antenna for over a year. The local Fox affiliate has been trying to get Time Warner to pay for a long time.

Actually, I may go down to the Time Warner office tomorrow to pick up a free antenna for my 3rd HD TV.

5. msdonnelly

msdonnelly Member

Apr 3, 2004
    Fuquay-Varin...

Advertisements

Time Warner in San Antonio and the local ABC affiliate are battling big time. Time Warner's been buying full page ads saying how greedy the local affiliate is and you can watch ABC shows on-line! The affiliate is running editorials saying that you should switch to satellite or another cable carrier to ensure you continue getting their programming. If you live in SA you can use an antenna but those of us whose only network feeds come out of SA (but live 150 miles away) are out of luck if they actually cut the feed.