No love for Community this year?

Discussion in 'Now Playing - TV Show Talk' started by doom1701, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Oct 4, 2011 #1 of 24
    doom1701

doom1701 Time for a new Title TCF Club

May 15, 2001
    Grand...
    I caught the first episode for this season OnDemand, but Community is one of those shows that I usually rely on the Forum to tell me to watch. So far we're two episodes in and not a single thread.

2. Oct 4, 2011 #2 of 24
    appleye1

appleye1 Active Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Back From...
    I've got so much new stuff to try out right now I've been just saving up the old standbys like Community. I'll watch them later after I jettison the new shows I don't like.

I did catch the season premiere though, live actually, and I just didn't enjoy it that much. I can't remember why exactly. I'll probably go back and give it another chance before I watch any of the later episodes.

3. Oct 5, 2011 #3 of 24
    Demandred

Demandred RPSLS Champion

Mar 6, 2001
    Houston, TX, US
    Still my favorite show. :)

4. Oct 5, 2011 #4 of 24
    Bob Coxner

Bob Coxner Active Member

Dec 1, 2004
    Still good but the season has been a bit weak so far.

5. Oct 5, 2011 #5 of 24
    ClutchBrake

ClutchBrake Pass the gravy!

Sep 5, 2001
    Orange...
    Show has really started to lose steam for me.

6. Oct 5, 2011 #6 of 24
    CatScratchFever

CatScratchFever Guest

Apr 14, 2011
    Prescott AZ
    the first EP left me in no hurry to watch the second one.

7. Oct 5, 2011 #7 of 24
    Shaunnick

Shaunnick Active Member

Jul 1, 2005
    Knoxville, TN
    I have enjoyed both episodes so far.

Spoiler for anyone who has not seen either episode,

In the first episode I found it enjoyable that Jeff got a taste of how he treats Pierce. The dream sequence was amusing if a little confusing.

The second episode was great because even though I think Annie is totally hot, she and Jeff getting it on is sort of creepy. I enjoy their relationship they have.

Funniest part of both episodes was probably Abed talking about Earth 2. I loved that show.

8. Oct 5, 2011 #8 of 24
    aadam101

aadam101 Tell me a joke

Jul 14, 2002
    Massachusetts
    I am big fan of Joel McHale but I couldn't get into this show at all.

9. Oct 5, 2011 #9 of 24
    Supfreak26

Supfreak26 Go Cowboys!

Dec 12, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    This show started to lose me last season but we still watch. I tend to do that unless the show is completely unwatchable. I still laugh enough to keep the SP going.

10. cheesesteak

cheesesteak Meh. TCF Club

Jul 24, 2003
    15 mins...
    God, I hate Chang.

11. pmyers

pmyers Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2001
    Gilbert, AZ
    Still enjoy it, at some point during the week.

12. Steveknj

Steveknj Lost in New Joisey TCF Club

Mar 10, 2003
    New Jersey
    I still think Joel McHale needs a shower and a shave. I get that it's the style, but he looks like he hasn't cleaned up in weeks and I find it lazy and offputting.

That said, the two eps so far haven't been classic, but they have been ok. Still funnier than the majority of stuff on, and certainly funnier than ANY of the new sticoms. Still a keeper for me.

13. Hoffer

Hoffer Eat Lightning ----- Poo Thunder TCF Club

Jun 1, 2001
    Twin Cities, MN
    I recently decided to give this show a second chance. I watched an episode or two of the show when it first came out. Didn't really care for it and moved on. I hear a lot of love for this show on various podcasts I listen to. Actually, I see love for it on the internet in general.

I'm getting disc one for season one from Netflix tomorrow. I'm going to be breaking the law and ripping the discs to my PC. So, I'm not exactly sure when I'll get around to watching the show. Seasons one and two were over 20 episodes each. That's a lot to catch up on before getting to watch season three.

14. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    I've enjoyed the two eps thus far (the second probably a little more than the first), but it seems like the episode threads I started last year never really got much traction, so I haven't started any this season yet. It's still probably favorite show on right now (with Parks & Rec being 1A).

15. astrohip

astrohip Well-Known Raconteur TCF Club

Jan 6, 2003
    Houston/Bren...
    I love this show. It has the most unique take on weekly episodes of any show on TV. You never know where it will go--meta, drama, concept, wacky. The episode this year that had the little musical meta-intro was great--again, so offbeat as to be unique, yet so typical of Community.

This show had several heavily trafficked threads last year, so I think we're best served with Episode Threads. And I pretty much only start Season Threads.:D

On a negative side note, ratings are soft this year. Even softer than normal. :mad:

As to why no threads so far, I think the overwhelming number of new shows has kept people busy posting in them.

16. Jesda

Jesda CAPTAIN AWESOME

Feb 12, 2005
    DETROIT!
    I thought it was pretty stupid at first (it was), but it gets funnier as it goes on.

There's just not much about it to discuss.

17. busyba

busyba The Funcooker

Feb 5, 2003
    NYC
    I think it's because the forum software doesn't have any shortcuts for adding footnotes. ;)

18. DevdogAZ

DevdogAZ Give 'em Hell, Devils

Apr 16, 2003
    Arizona
    I'm still faithfully watching and enjoying, but there just hasn't been much to discuss.

19. trainman

trainman Nice to see you

Jan 29, 2001
    Sherman...
    I started watching "Community" this season because a friend of mine is now on the writing staff (she was credited with last night's episode).

I like it a lot -- I probably should have been watching it all along.

20. DreadPirateRob

DreadPirateRob Seriously?

Nov 11, 2002
    SoCal
    It really is a great show. It's not as consistently great as, say, P&R is, but I think its high points are much higher.