No longer receiving emails.

Discussion in 'Forum Operations Center' started by kpeters59, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Feb 2, 2018 #1 of 36
    kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    I'm subscribed to a few Forums and Threads and the last email I received was Wednesday morning.

Any idea why?

-Kyle

2. Feb 2, 2018 #2 of 36
    Mike Lang

Mike Lang Administrator Staff Member Administrator TCF Club

Nov 17, 1999
    You will not receive any further emails about the thread(s) until you have read the new messages on the forum.

3. Feb 2, 2018 #3 of 36
    kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Well, thanks for that, but it's been working as expected for quite a while and suddenly I quit receiving emails Wednesday morning.

I've visited the forums otherwise and still aren't receiving emails. Zero this morning.

-Kyle

4. Feb 2, 2018 #4 of 36
    David Bott

David Bott Administrator Staff Member Administrator

Jan 1, 1999
    Hi...

It seems your mail provider blocked our servers email for some reason. (Heck ,we are even white-listed with GMail). Looking at the reasons that they list that it "Could be", we really do not fit the list unless it was marked as SPAM by mistake by someone. This started on Jan 31, 2018 3:44:15 PM per our logs. Up until then...no issues and all mail to them was accepted.

Error...

SMTP error from remote mail server after pipelined MAIL FROM:<REMOVED@tivocommunity.com> SIZE=18052: 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately, messages from [72.9.XXX.XXX] weren't sent. Please contact your Internet service provider since part of their network is on our block list (AS3140). You can also refer your provider to Troubleshooting. [VE1EUR01FT056.eop-EUR01.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I can not see any reason on our end it would have been blocked by them. I have filed a report with them...

Successfully Submitted!
    Thank you for reporting your concern to us.
    We review these submissions very carefully and will take appropriate steps to address this issue. Because of legal and privacy concerns, we may not provide you with any additional updates about this submission.
    Service Request #: 1414068059
    Use this number when communicating with Support about this issue. Please ensure that you can receive e-mail messages from @css.one.microsoft.com.
    Thank you again for contacting us.

....So now we wait.

Thank you for letting us know.

dianebrat likes this.
  5. Feb 2, 2018 #5 of 36
    David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    Got this reply...Which is very lacking...

--------------------

Dear David Bott

Please note that your ticket number is in the subject line of this mail.

72.9.XXX.XXX

Note: Errors are unlikely, however, if an error is indicated, please resubmit the specific IP or IP range.

Thank you,

Outlook.com Deliverability Support

Please do not reply to this message as it is from an unattended mailbox. Any replies to this email will not be responded to or forwarded. This service is used for outgoing emails only and cannot respond to inquiries.

------------------

So I resubmitted the form again to see what would happen.

6. Feb 2, 2018 #6 of 36
    David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
  7. Feb 2, 2018 #7 of 36
    tim1724

tim1724 Active Member TCF Club

Jul 3, 2007
    Temple City, CA
    Hotmail/MSN/Outlook was blocking my mail server recently too. I went through the steps to unblock it and I got a response from them saying they had done so, but I'm not sure they actually did anything.

The page to get off their blacklist is here: Smart Network Data Services

8. Feb 2, 2018 #8 of 36
    David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    Yes, I am part of that program. They show ---> Yes - Blocked due to user complaints or other evidence of spamming. So people have flagged messages from here as SPAM which added the server to just their list.

There is only one place to fill out and submit and all I get back is what is mentioned above. I see no other way to contact them even being part of that program you referenced.

9. Feb 2, 2018 #9 of 36
    David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    Reply received...

Dear David Bott

We have completed reviewing the IP(s) you submitted. The following table contains the results of our investigation.

Conditionally mitigated
    72.XXX.XXX.XXX
    Our investigation has determined that the above IP(s) qualify for conditional mitigation. These IP(s) have been unblocked, but may be subject to low daily email limits until they have established a good reputation.

Please note that mitigating this issue does not guarantee that your email will be delivered to a user’s inbox.

Ongoing complaints from users will result in removal of the mitigation.

Mitigation may take 24 - 48 hours to replicate completely throughout our system.

If you feel your issue is not yet resolved, please reply to this email and one of our support team members will contact you for further investigation.

----------------------------

So we will see now what happens. AUGH!!!!!

10. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Well, I finally got another chance to check email today and there was a single TCF email in the folder. So, progress! Thanks, for working on it.

I HAD checked to make sure I didn't have it blocked and DID add it to the 'approved' list.

-Kyle

11. David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    Lets hope it continues. :) Thank you for letting us know.

12. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Well, I got a reply to that, but that's still it...

-Kyle

13. David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    You will not get past ones missed. Only new ones that come in. That is as long as they do not re-block it again. :)

14. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    So, even though I am receiving some emails from TCF, the activity is WAY down.

I just checked a random forum that I am subscribed to, and I did not receive notification of the latest posts...

FYI...

-Kyle

15. David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    Every email that the server got from this site to send to you has gone out and was accepted via HotMail. Maybe check spam filters as maybe you marked one as spam by mistake and now it is flagging others. Here is a small sample...

screenshot_1768.png

16. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    What Time Zone is that?

Only 5 emails for today, so far?

-Kyle

17. David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    That was as of 11:44AM CT...Dallas TX. According to the e-mail logs you see for your e-mail, only 5 were sent out today a the time I looked. And that was taken directly from the server, not the site. Sites hands it to the server, server sends it out. So if their were any failures in sending, we would see it their.

18. David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    As you can see here, the red arrow is the server sending the notice to you of this thread reply. (3:06 is the time where the server is...so I know this was just sent as it is 3:06 where I am in TX. :)

screenshot_1769.png

19. kpeters59

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Activity still seems really low.

It's hard to tell from this end, but it looks like some subscribed Forums aren't sending to me, still.

I'm subscribed to Coffee, Bolt, Roamio, Premiere and Home Media (at the minimum). It looks like there's threads and messages that have been posted without me receiving an email.

I (previously) had unsubscribed/re-subscribed to Bolt in order to solve this and it's the one other forum I am receiving emails from...

-Kyle

20. David Bott

Jan 1, 1999
    Oh...Feel free to check your settings for the subscriptions for maybe they are set to get a notice when you are on the site. If to many where bounced, the system will automatically reset your notices to local notice only...no email. After all, it does not want to keep sending out notices if the email is not working.(It would flood the queues) If you were subscribed to a lot, then this surely could have happened. You usually get a notice in your Messages In Box however.