No longer able to set up One Pass in advance

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by headless chicken, Dec 22, 2016.

1. headless chicken

headless chicken Member

Oct 8, 2004

Advertisements

TiVo giveth only to take away; it seems a great function that was added in one of the updates last year has been stealthily rescinded.

Last year Tivo implemented the very handy feature of being able to set up Season Passes for new shows that have yet to premiere or appear in the guide months in advance. I was trying to set up passes for some shows (ie. Emerald City) but sadly this feature seems to be gone.

Is this yet another debacle we have Rovi to thank for?

2. mrizzo80

mrizzo80 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2012
    Maybe one of the data provider gurus will chime in with the other sites that use Rovi. If it doesn't show up in those sites it's probably a core Rovi issue. The next question would be when will it show up in Rovi's database - looks like that show debuts on NBC about 2 weeks from now.

3. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    the feature is still there if the data is available, seems in this case the data is missing

4. Sgt Howl

Sgt Howl Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Agree, I miss this feature, too. Try 24: Legacy, for example.

5. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA

Advertisements

I did and it works. The feature is not gone, the feature is still there - it is just a matter of data. FYI it i called 24 Legacy and you can set a wish list on it.

(ah maybe you are saying that in the past one could do a one pass and not a wish list? - not sure i get the effective difference as they seem to do the same thing? the wishlists appear in the onepass list on the ios app.)

PS try ransom and shadowhunters - bothe new series premiering in Jan, the opitions in the ios app are different for each of these and a onepass can be set.

bottom line this isn't a feature issue it is a guide data issue - no surprise.

6. Krandor

Krandor Active Member

Jun 9, 2004
    If rove can't get data right a week in advance good look at getting information on shows weeks or months in advance....

7. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    exactly!!! :-(

8. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Ya, I used to like making a season pass months before the show aired. Of course it would default to "All Channels" until it actually showed up, but that didn't really cause problems.

9. Sgt Howl

Sgt Howl Member

Jan 18, 2013
    Not talking about Wish Lists - talking about One Passes for future shows. Was a very nice feature, now apparently gone.

10. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    no, it is there for some programs and not for others, keep looking - it is a guide issue not a feature issue.

11. Krandor

Krandor Active Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Like everything now. I'm getting infomercials as a lot of my suggestions these days and they used to be quite good.

12. Krandor

Krandor Active Member

Jun 9, 2004
    Like everything now. I'm getting infomercials as a lot of my suggestions these days and they used to be quite good.

13. Krandor

Krandor Active Member

Jun 9, 2004

14. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    infomercials, that sucks! i only get a few suggestions as anew owner - i think it is testing me to see what i like as some are downright weird

Mikeguy likes this.
  15. thyname

thyname Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    N. Virginia

Got it. No need to post it three times

16. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    I don't think he did, i suspect a browser bug.

17. thyname

thyname Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2010
    N. Virginia
    I think so too. Unintentionally perhaps

18. TIVO_GUY_HERE

TIVO_GUY_HERE I miss the ocean

Jul 10, 2000
    Dallas Texas
    Give an example, I've tried 6 shows that are starting up ( not in guide yet, ) and none show up.

also Ransom doesn't count, it's in the guide, also Shadowhunters is a 2nd season, so it also has info.

19. slowbiscuit

slowbiscuit FUBAR

Sep 19, 2006
    In the ATL
    Just as broken as stream searching, it would seem, and has been for months now. I just don't get the impression that the new Rivo gives a crap anymore.

20. alexb

alexb Active Member

Jan 4, 2003
    Kirkland, WA
    That's my point, if it's in the guide it should work, the issue is they are not in the guide. This is a data issue not a feature issue. If the data is there the feature works.

Good call on shadow hunters, I will find you more, I looked, basically anything after about Feb 1st is not there.