No Live TV on Tivo Mini connected via Ethernet

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by shpilberg, May 8, 2020.

1. shpilberg

shpilberg New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    I have Fios connected to google wifi as my router, which is connected to an actiontec ecb6000 as bridge to moca.

I have a Bolt Vox (Living-Room-Bolt) connected with Coax only (gets solid connection for all streaming). I also have 3 minis with the Bolt Vox selected as their DVR, 2 of which are connected via coax and work great.

My third mini (LISA-MINI) is connected via ethernet and all the streaming (Hulu, Netflix, amazon) work fine. I'm even able to see all the shows recorded on the Bolt listed. What I can't do is watch live TV. I receive a message that says "...Tivo Box can't connect to the Living-Room-Bolt Tivo. (V112)"

When I look at the host connection information the correct host is listed with the correct service number and IP address and it says tuner and recording as services offered. I completely reset the mini and did the guided setup again just in case and same thing happened. I've also done the same exact setup with the Bolt-Vox set as the bridge and it still did not work.

Platform: Series4
    Software Version: 21.9.7.v7-A93-6-A93

2. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    One of your Network Devices is probably not playing well with others.

Have you done a full network shutdown and slow restart?

-KP

3. shpilberg

shpilberg New Member

Feb 2, 2008
    You mean disconnect power from everything and add 1 thing at a time? I will try that today.

4. kpeters59

kpeters59 Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2007
    Houston, Texas
    Yeah...pretty much.

Start with the Router and move your way up the 'chain' waiting for each device to be fully booted up before starting the next one.

-KP