No Hulu App

Discussion in 'TiVo Mini' started by John7777, May 23, 2019.

1. John7777

John7777 Member

Jul 23, 2017
    We just got a TIVO MINI VOX and after I set it up, (a bit of a process) I noticed there is no HULU app on the list. Is this something new? Any information or tips on this would be much appreciated.

John

2. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Assuming we’re talking retail TiVo boxes, it should be there. Try making a few service connections, and verify that it’s available on the Mini’s host DVR.

3. John7777

John7777 Member

Jul 23, 2017
    I did and I didn't have any luck. Now, I'm thinking that I might have to upgrade to "A New Experience" on the host and mini, since I read some stuff about HULU having trouble with previous mini's, so the VOX upgrade may be the answer. Still unsure if I want to make the leap since there is no turning back, and my wife is happy with the TIVO the way it is, but would still like HULU on the mini. Thanks for your help and hope you have a great weekend!

4. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    This is a shot in the dark, but you might try this:
    1. uncheck the HULU app on the host
    2. powered cycle the Mini
    3. check the HULU and another app (like Plex) on the host
    4. power cycle the Mini

It's pretty drastic to change to TE4, and that doesn't come with a promise you will get HULU. But you probably will since a TE4 Mini controls its own apps.

5. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    ... though all apps would perform better on a Mini VOX, even if running the older UI, TE3.

6. krkaufman

krkaufman TDL shepherd

Nov 25, 2003
    Also, have you tried a Clear & Delete Everything on the Mini?

7. John7777

John7777 Member

Jul 23, 2017
    Thanks Very Much, Gentlemen!!! I did a clear and delete on the mini and then ran through the steps Joe recommended and Hulu is now visible and working like a champ on the mini!! Thanks again!!! You guys rock!!

JoeKustra and krkaufman like this.