No HMO option after zipper

Discussion in 'TiVo Underground' started by crscoles, Jul 14, 2007.

1. crscoles

crscoles New Member

Jul 7, 2007

Advertisements

I have been trying to get HMO working on my Series2 Dtivo running sofware version 6.2a-01-2-301. I have run the zipper on the drive as well as superpatch-6.2a.tcl. There is still no option for Music and Photos in my menu systems. What am I missing?

2. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    IIRC, the zipper at some point asks if you want the Music and Photos menu option removed (via Tuikhelper). Did you maybe inadvertantly answer yes?? Restore your original tivoapp, and run superpatch again. Superpatch creates a backup tivoapp named tivoapp.original in /tvbin.

3. crscoles

crscoles New Member

Jul 7, 2007
    I think I may have figured out part of the problem. We I originally tweak the install. I used the superpatch-67all. I later figure out that was the wrong version for my software version. I then tried to re-tweak it using the superpatch-62a. The problem is the superpatch-67all.tcl file is still in /hacks directory. I am wondering if the tweak.sh script is using that instead of the 62a file. I have been trying to delete the 67all file but it keeps coming up as read only. It has been a while since I have used Linux much. How do I get rid of this file? How do I restore the tivoapp? Thanks for your help.

4. Da Goon

Da Goon Registered Abuser

Oct 22, 2006
    Just run superpatch manually. Ie, ./superpatch-6.2a.tcl . The original superpatch won't do anything at all to your tivoapp, so if that's the one that's been used, nothing has happened yet, so you probably don't have a backup tivoapp yet. Do ls /tvbin and look for tivoapp.original just to be sure.