1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

No HDMI Output, No Warranty

Discussion in 'TiVo Roamio DVRs' started by jagomez, Sep 10, 2018.

1. jagomez

jagomez New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    I have a Tivo Roamio Pro that I purchased a little more than 2 years ago + a lifetime (all-in one-time) subscription. Suddenly, the HDMI output stopped working (composite and component outputs still work).

Searching this forum it seems that this is happening to other people. Do you think if my unit is defective and since I'm no longer under warranty that TiVo would either repair (at my cost) the unit or transfer the existing service to a new unit? I really don't want to pay for the lifetime service again (since I only used it for twenty something months). What are my options here?

BTW-> I have checked the HDMI cables, the TV and the resolutions and its not that. I also reset the TiVo into factory defaults and keep having the same issue. Its weird because the HDMI shows the TiVo logo when it first is booting up the unit, but after 20-30 seconds the output stops and you can only see it via the other two outputs.

2. mdavej

mdavej Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2015
    Tivo will probably take care of it for a small fee. In the mean time, use component if you can. It will have an identical 1080i HD picture to HDMI. So you could live with that indefinitely.

3. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004
    mdavej is right. I've got one like that. lightning took out the HDMI (cheap chinese junk) so it's running off composite now. You can't tell the difference.

4. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    Component not composite. :)

Scott

5. jagomez

jagomez New Member

Feb 8, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    Thanks all for your info!

I will try to see if I can get thru TiVo customer service department today.

6. gigaquad

gigaquad Tivo Image Master

Oct 25, 2004

ARRGH!!!!

[​IMG]

HerronScott likes this.
  7. Teeps

Teeps Well-Known Member

Aug 16, 2001
    Torrance,Cal...
    Similar happened to my XL4, out of warranty.
    I use the component YPBPR output.

8. series5orpremier

series5orpremier Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2013
    I have a Roamio OTA like that. I just use it for storage but if I ever watch anything on it it can be streamed to another TiVo with working HDMI.