No HD guide

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by BuffCat, Feb 3, 2012.

1. BuffCat

BuffCat New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Boulder

Advertisements

I apologize if this has been posted elsewhere already, I tried a search and went through the forums and didn't see an answer. I got a Premiere yesterday, which was promptly updated to the newest software. However, I still don't have access to the new HD guide. I have it set to HD menus and the TiVo Central menu is HD, but the guide is still the old SD channel guide. Is there anything else I need to do to change it? Am I missing something? Thanks in advance, and again, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere.

2. wikiwiki2004

wikiwiki2004 New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    The only thing I can suggest for you is to try to force a Tivo connect by going to network connections and selecting to connect to tivo service now. Hopefully that works. To do that go to Settings & Messages, Settings, Network & Phone.

3. rainwater

rainwater Active Member

Sep 21, 2004
    What version of the software are you running (listed under system information)?

4. bd177

bd177 Member

Oct 22, 2010
    Tonawanda NY
    Bring up the guide then hit the yellow 'A' button and select 'Grid' style.

5. BuffCat

BuffCat New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Boulder

Advertisements

Sorry for the delayed response, been on the phone with Comcast, getting the cablecard working right has been a nightmare that isn't over. Anyway, I checked the software ID and it wasn't 20.2, which is odd since it updated yesterday and I had a message that the new HD guide was available. I forced the connection to TiVo and it currently says downloading, so fingers crossed. Thanks for the help.

6. wikiwiki2004

wikiwiki2004 New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    Keep fingers crossed! Also keep in mind you may have to force a reconnect a few times. I have learned that Tivo is funny that way sometimes.

7. BuffCat

BuffCat New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Boulder
    Done connecting. Software version: 14.5-01-3-746. So is that the problem? Do I need to just wait until I'm deemed worthy of the update?

8. wikiwiki2004

wikiwiki2004 New Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I know the new software version is 20.2-01-2-746. Like I said Tivo is funny how they roll out their updates it is sporadic at times. I actually didn't get the new update until yesterday when some had the new update days before that. You can force a reconnect or just wait until Tivo finally gives you the update. Although just recently Tivo had a server issue so that could be something to consider too. Tivo isn't perfect it does have it's hiccup moments like anything else.

9. BuffCat

BuffCat New Member

Feb 2, 2012
    Boulder
    Ok thanks, I'll try it a couple more times and if that doesn't do it I'll just be patient. Interesting that they sent me the message saying I had gotten the software update before I had though. Oh well, bigger priority is getting HD channels working right now. On round two with Comcast tier two tech support...