No guide information after Comcast stopped Analog signal

Discussion in 'TiVo Help Center' started by preilly44, Oct 19, 2011.

1. preilly44

preilly44 Member

May 31, 2011
    Hello all,

I have basic (non digital) cable with Comcast. When I first set up the Tivo Comcast was broadcasting analog signals as well as the digital signal. This stopped yesterday or the day before. I had Tivo rescan for channels and it found all the channels I received previously but now they are all 4-1, 5-1, etc (they were previously just 4, 5, etc). Everything works fine now except the program guide lists no information available (or something like that) for every channel.

I've tried connecting to the server several times, rebooting the Tivo, deleting the program guide information and to do list, etc.

Does anybody have any ideas? I remember when I used to have an OTA antenna they would show up like this but that was before I had Tivo so I don't know if maybe I should change the Tivo setting from Cable to Antenna (or cable and Antenna).

How can I get my program guide info back?!?

Thanks for all your help in advance!

Patrick

P.S. This is happening on both my Tivo Premieres.

2. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    The channels you are getting now are known as Clear QAM and Tivo does not provide listings for those channels. If you want your old lineup back you will need a cable card from the cable company.

3. preilly44

preilly44 Member

May 31, 2011
    I was afraid you would say that. If I get an OTA and drop cable would my guide work?

Thanks for the quick response!

4. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    If you were to get an antenna, you would have to rerun guided setup and you will get the guide working then.

5. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    Why not? He's paying the cable company for them, isn't he? He paid for a Tivo capable of tuning them, didn't he? Why wouldn't Tivo provide listings for them?

6. preilly44

preilly44 Member

May 31, 2011
    I called Comcast and they said I need 2 cable cards, one is free and one is $1.99.

Thanks!

Patrick

7. unitron

unitron Well-Known Member

Apr 28, 2006
    semi-coastal NC
    So you're actually getting the channels, just not the listings from TiVo for which you are paying TiVo, and you have to give the cable company more money and go through getting the cable cards paired, just to be able to get what you're already paying TiVo for?

8. javabird

javabird Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2006
    Seattle
    Why do you need 2 cards? Will your Tivo take one M-card (multistream)?

9. WhiskeyTango

WhiskeyTango New Member

Sep 20, 2006
    New Jersey
    He has two Premieres.