No guide info

Discussion in 'TiVo Coffee House - TiVo Discussion' started by Bucket73521, May 6, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Bucket73521

Bucket73521 Member

Apr 29, 2017

Advertisements

Yea!! Just missed the first forty five minutes on the Nascar race. Thought I ask for the one pass. Sorry but I'm new to cord cutting and TiVo. Had the roamio ota for a week. Of course I could watch it tomorrow but psvue don't save live sports from networks. So I bought me a TiVo to record sports. Would have been nice if the guide had something besides tba. Guess that's what the subscription should provide.
    Anyone have this problem? It has been the hardest device ever to set-up. Followed all the set up instructions, eithernet, HDMI antenna, and power. Channel list 60+ channels, some you couldn't get with 2000 ft. tower. But the 28 I have in the guide have tba in all but 7. Mytv, laff, CW, thistv, and a couple more. To get those 28 I had to use tvfool, and rabbitears info. Then choose the tower closest to me or with the highest NM. At that so with high NM had no picture , some with signal strength in the 70s had no picture. But after about three days of trial and error I have 28 & 7 with programming in my guide. 19 with ( to be announced) yes!! I'm thrilled with my new little device that lets me miss my programed!!

2. HerronScott

HerronScott Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2002
    Staunton, VA
    You can check the recording history to see if you had set up a recording and if it didn't record it why.

I've already replied in your other posts on this regarding getting TiVo to add the missing channels to your lineup so you get guide data (open a ticket with them or submit a lineup change).

Scott

3. V7Goose

V7Goose OTA ONLY and Loving It!

May 28, 2005
    New Mexico...
    We have responded to your complaints in several different threads, including very detailed instructions and explanations. But you do not seem to care. Now you start a new thread on the same complaints. What is it you are hoping to achieve here?

4. Bucket73521

Bucket73521 Member

Apr 29, 2017
    Sorry not very good on forums. I Google guestions and get directed to forums. I find it very frustrating when I can't get customer support. If can't seem to find a reliable venue to TiVo support, or I haven't heard from them in over a week.
    I just got home from my son's birthday party, sat down to watch the recorded Nascar race. Nope didn't get it, the TiVo tried to record on KJTL instead of k32ic. Both same channel just different towers.
    And the guide doesn't have channel line up for 3-1 NBC Wichita Falls Texas. No channel line up 5-1 for ABC Oklahoma City Oklahoma. Nothing for 9-1 CBS OKC. 12-1 PBS, OETA. It does have for 18-1 Fox Witchita Falls Texas. I set to record both pre race and race then add hour and half to be sure I got all the race recorded. The TiVo recorded the pre race perfect, but not the race. Only about nine minutes of pixelation.
    As stated above I'm not very good at forums. I didn't intend to start another thread, just wasn't replying and looked like I was being asked to start a thread. Sorry that wasn't my intention. I also understand you guys have probably been through my problems and are trying to help.
    TiVo support suggest I check with forum support in auto replies.

5. Bucket73521

Bucket73521 Member

Apr 29, 2017

Advertisements

It has been over a month since I contacted tivo support and I still don't have a channel lineup. Got a message couple days ago asking if line up was after several days. Guess they think I wanted to see what was going to be on next year, not tomorrow! Last night I was surfing channels and found a program I wanted to record. Pushed the record button on the remote, then started to watch this morning. It had recorded a show an hour earlier and only fourteen minutes of the show I wanted to watch.
    I also downloaded the TIVO app, the guide looks like it has the line up but it is all for the wrong frequency. It even shows recorded shows, to select watch it givers error. Do I have a faulty TIVO?
    Wife it getting a bit upset with a four hundred dollar item that just sits and can only watch live same as if antenna was connected to the TV. As Trump would say "SAD'