No guide data

Discussion in 'TiVo Premiere DVRs' started by Luke M, May 4, 2021.

1. Luke M

Luke M Member

Nov 5, 2002

Advertisements

My Premiere was turned off for two weeks. When I turned it back on, it updated to RC15, downloaded guide data, etc....but I have no guide data available. The channel IDs are correct. I thought maybe it was just taking a long time to update, but it's been almost a full day.

Any ideas? I'd rather not redo everything from scratch since I have recordings I'd like to keep.

2. JoeKustra

JoeKustra in the other Alabama TCF Club

Dec 7, 2012
    Ashland, PA...
    I've had my Premiere hang on "Preparing to Load...". I pull the plug after an hour. It only has power on weekends. I've never lost anything.

3. Luke M

Luke M Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Another thing, in the diagnostics it says it has guide data until May 16. I've forced connections, which succeed. Everything looks totally normal, but I have zero guide data.

4. lhvetinari

lhvetinari Ambassador to the City of Chicago TCF Club

Jun 24, 2019
    Chicago
    What do you see, TBA? I had a similar issue (premiere shut off for 10 days, came back with one day of data left) - showed TBA even after downloading the update and fresh data.

I ran a CPI/TDL to fix it - clearing took about half an hour, let it sit overnight and it was fine the next morning after it got new data and finished indexing. Note, there seems to be a risk of the unit getting hung in the "Clearing" state, so you might not want to do this if you're not comfortable doing kickstarts.

5. Luke M

Luke M Member

Nov 5, 2002

Advertisements

Thanks, that worked.

NorthAlabama likes this.